Do you REALLY believe Ezekiel laid seige to a brick 390 days?

by Terry 91 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NowAndThen
    NowAndThen

Nothing wrong with that. Ezekiel believed God spoke to him, hence acted as ordered. People - for instance Greek philosophers - did far "worse" things but were not thought to be ludicrous. Even today, we do too - like get on all those "reality" shows or go to the moon, or bungy-jump, or just lie in bed depressed. Anyway.

• blondie
    blondie

No me NowAndThen...I won't even watch those reality shows.

So Ezekiel was sleeping in a pile of crap and urine? And not even for a million dollars.

Maybe he wore diapers and his wife came and changed them for him.......

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

If the Bible says that Ezekiel laid siege to a brick then it must have happened. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that he threw the brick on the ground and it turned into brick monster and gobbled up all the Egyptian bricks.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

"Buffalo chips" were the fuel used in the Old West Great Plains.

Dung has often been used as fuel before, and still is.

BTS

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    ezekiel 68: 1-13

What Ezekiel 68 ??

It goes to 48.

• blondie
    blondie
    ezekiel 68: 1-13 speaks of Ezekiel licking the rectum circles of the camels for 40 days and 40 nights.

PS, this is not in the bible so an imaginary citation was used.

Its like when I use Hezekiah 15:3 or Matthew 29:1. (actually I use it to see how knowledgeable jws are about the bible)

• tec
    tec

I don't know why this passage is such a big deal. If Ezekiel did it, then he did it to make a point. The brick was symbolic of Israel, and he was protesting what was happening. Since he was a prophet, he made a rather potent point. As Aguest says, people even now do far more difficult and 'crazy seeming' things for their faith. What about hunger strikes and things like that? People do things that nearly kill them to make their protests and their voices heard.

And I agree that he would have had to have some time to get up and move around to take care of 'bodily functions', or he could have had a few followers take care of everything for him.

Tammy

• designs
    designs

Early Hospice care and a fresh change of the ol Depends

• minimus
    minimus

this account makes perfect sense.

• booby
    booby

I am aware of some old men who have laid siege to a huge edifice in New York city.They do spend considerable time lying on their sides, but spend more time resting on their laurels. They use scripture to "prove" that they are not prophets or even inspired by god, but at the same time must be obeyed as though they were. They use things like an overlapping generation and such to prove that they are commissioned by god. They have in times past also devised a "theory", a theory since it cannot be proven by ordinary mortals, that they are not only chosen and anointed but also are special even amongst that small group who "just know that they are thusly chosen" because while saying through writers most of whom are not chosen in this special way that a "faithful and discreet slave class or group" must be obeyed, refuse to listen to these same ones. Because of their special use of dung, (bullshite) they are able, just the few of them as self appointed ones, control millions of followers who have come to appreciate that this arrangement is a proof of the scripture in (2Timothy3:16) All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, if they say so, especially when tweaked by their spiritually, new light guided, selves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit