Do you REALLY believe Ezekiel laid seige to a brick 390 days?

by Terry 91 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest

Hmmmm...

"Pilgrims" crawl on bloody knees, sometime for miles... sometimes over shards of glass/pottery... to revere the Virgin Mary. And for centuries (if not millenia), zealots have been known to mutilate their bodies, including whipping themselves to a bloody pulp, in demonstration of pennance and other demonstrations of... ummmm... piety.

Yet, a man sleeps his left side for 390 days (then for 40 on my right), while facing a model of a city under siege that he built out of a clay tile and some sticks, rocks and an iron pan...

And so what, he cooks his barley cakes over a fire of human dung: people have done a LOT worse, dear Terry (peace to you!). Some have eaten... and currently eat... food that contains dung (albeit animal dung - I hope). Down to this day. You tell me which is worse: cooking something OVER dung... or eating something containing dung?

Methinks you're reading WAY too much into what Ezekiel did, dear one, given the times the events took place... and trying to "excite" others to join you. Why?

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Sorry, I mean "on his right"...

Peace!

SA, a slave of Christ

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

CRAZY PROPHETS!!!!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I'm going to be honest. I don't ever remember reading it but man, what a bonkers passage.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Sounds similar to zen or asceticism or monasticism. Remember, Gautama Buddha sat under the bodhi tree for weeks on end.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

When I was still in I had to do it myself, when God tells you to do something you do it or else you get whacked.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "I will tie you up with ropes so that you cannot turn from one side to the other until you have finished the days of your siege."

BDSM? Sounds kinda like a kinky god to me.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Before paper a clay tablet was like a chalk board. Is that what it was instead of a brick.

And I beleive the text could be literal. Sounds like he left his body and did some time travel. I could easilly get lost for that long if I was fed and paid and given a problem to solve.

• donny
    donny

I wish I could remember where I read this, but I am at a loss at the moment.

Anyway, a guy was doing a test on "believers" by asking them if they believed the really bizarre portions of the Bible. At first he quoted real portions such as the Ezekiel incident mentioned here. Then he started quoting stuff he made up, but used scripture citations to make it seem real (no one had access to a Bible).

One was something like "And Isaiah was told by the LORD to lay on the ground beneath an ox and feed upons it defecation for sixteen months until Israel repents."

Another one was along the lines of "The Lord commanded Solomon to have intercourse with all of the foreign women who were in Jerusalem so that a contract with the nations could be forged that would lead to an era of peace."

Several of the "believers" stated that if it is in Gods Word, then it must have a purpose. One person stated that the Isaiah example was Gods way of showing that he had the power to even make animal waste something that could sustain a true believer.

Another person suggested the Solomon situation was Gods way of increasing the Nation of Israel and was helping it by diversifying the gene pool.

What all of this proves to me is that those who really want to believe will find an answer to anything in the Bible, however bizarre, and try to make sense of it somehow. I see the same thing done by Muslims when trying to explain bizarre portions of the Koran.

Donny

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Or the days were meant to be written down. ever play the game of risk? soundl like thats what might be going on. a mockup for battle. like sitting down and marking through your weekly planner. you can go through a week in 10 minutes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit