How the TRINITY covers up the murder of Jehovah

by Terry 146 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Essan
    Essan

If we are capable of being more merciful and more loving than the God of the OT - which I think most of us are - then that makes us more godlike that he, because 'God is love'. So I'm not prepared to worship someone who shows less Godlike love than I do. 'Jehovah' as portrayed in the OT is a petty, brutal small time desert deity and I have no time for him.

Now the God as reflected by Jesus... He's more my kind of guy. :)

• cantleave
    cantleave

Terry, what can I say? Fantastic post -Thanks.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Ensam....Good post

I hope you survive this board with your faculties intact.

Acolytes

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Terry...

in the NT is is still..."a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God"...we still "consider the goodness and SEVERITY of God"...we are convicted by the Holy Spirit (*I* remember that Jesus was "there"..."waiting"...but no warm fuzzies for 3 days and 2 nights)...

OF COURSE placing a mediator between the Father and man is loving...the Father is NOT pleased with the conduct of His creation!...look around do YOU find pleasure with everything, everywhere YOU look?...

a friend of mine has commented a few times on how she believes that "we" are responsible for creating our own personal "heaven" by taking control of our thoughts and actions...when I draw her attention to the extreme poverty on earth and how some people can't create their own "heaven" she remarks that she thinks that it is unfortunate that there is extreme poverty on earth but if God is a loving God some kind of awakening will occur on earth and they will be taken care of!?!?...she is quite comfortable with warm and loving God, apart from Jesus...so are all of the "new age" belief systems, spiritual gurus...the blind...

...the Father is STILL not pleased(how could He be?)...He has been appeased by the blood of His Son...at the hands of murderers. Those "under" the blood of Christ don't have to fear the severity of the Father...though, on this side of heaven, we are still in the midst of those that are swift to shed blood...(including you, Terry...in an "esoteric" way you lie in wait to kill...God, Jesus and those that follow)...so that YOU know that I mean YOU no harm...may the LORD rebuke you...

love michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Terry...

in the NT is is still..."a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God"...we still "consider the goodness and SEVERITY of God"...we are convicted by the Holy Spirit (*I* remember that Jesus was "there"..."waiting"...but no warm fuzzies for 3 days and 2 nights)...

OF COURSE placing a mediator between the Father and man is loving...the Father is NOT pleased with the conduct of His creation!...look around do YOU find pleasure with everything, everywhere YOU look?...

a friend of mine has commented a few times on how she believes that "we" are responsible for creating our own personal "heaven" by taking control of our thoughts and actions...when I draw her attention to the extreme poverty on earth and how some people can't create their own "heaven" she remarks that she thinks that it is unfortunate that there is extreme poverty on earth but if God is a loving God some kind of awakening will occur on earth and they will be taken care of!?!?...she is quite comfortable with warm and loving God, apart from Jesus...so are all of the "new age" belief systems, spiritual gurus...the blind...

...the Father is STILL not pleased(how could He be?)...He has been appeased by the blood of His Son...at the hands of murderers. Those "under" the blood of Christ don't have to fear the severity of the Father...though, on this side of heaven, we are still in the midst of those that are swift to shed blood...(including you, Terry...in an "esoteric" way you lie in wait to kill...God, Jesus and those that follow)...so that YOU know that I mean YOU no harm...may the LORD rebuke you...

love michelle

• Terry
    Terry

Umm, Terry, I thought that Jehovah was the mistranslated Proper Name, if you will, of the Triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Missing the point, my dear. The personality---the character of the Old Testament deity we know as Jehovah completely vanishes into

a sissy-boy God the Father in the New Testament.

This after going silent for four hundred years!

The old rascal had to make way for the important Jesus and the only way this could be accomplished is to kill him off like in a TV series and bring back his role scaled down with fewer lines of dialogue and a subdued plotline.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Hey Terry, have you read NT Wriight's, "the ressurection of the son of God?"

• Terry
    Terry

I look at the actions of Christ as recorded by words. I choose to belive that my saviour may be the charactor of Jesus. As to Jehover as recorded in the bible, it is humun to want to improve on a supreme being. And it is humun to err because people do not want to see things as they are.

Don't overlook the purpose of this Topic!!

After giving us the Supreme Being and Master of the Universe from creation to the Greek invasion the most essential character in all of history

evaporates into a mere shadow of silent, passive, benevolence!

Nobody can say with a straight face that Jesus' Father-in-Heaven is the very same character we read about from Genesis to Malachi.

The new writers have a new agenda.

If the show is going to be renewed for another season with a new audience (greek-influenced pagans) the writers will have to make CHANGES!

Jehovah is "killed off" and God-the-father is substituted!

Regular viewers of this series (the Jews) should have been gobsmacked by the passive absence of Yod He Waw He. And they were!

All they had to fall back on was radical militants on the right (Sicarii) and weirdo ascetics on the left (mystery school/Dead Sea drop-outs longing for the Apocalypse.)

Something very similar happened to the character of JESUS when the Pilgrims arrived on America's shores!

The AMERICAN JESUS bears little resemblance (today) to the Jesus of Martin Luther's day.

Wake up and smell the coffee, will you? Each generation of believer gets an updated version by the writers of the day!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Each generation of believer gets an updated version by the writers of the day

You say that as if it was a bad thing.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Indeed. I might as well pitch all my non-religious books too. They get updated all the time.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit