How the TRINITY covers up the murder of Jehovah

by Terry 146 Replies latest watchtower bible

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Terry...

talking to you about movies is a waste of time...maybe I'll google it...later...

love michelle

• Terry
    Terry
    Moses allowed the Israelites to divorce their wives when God actually hates divorce - because their hearts were hard. (Matt 19:4-9)
    Follow that reasoning and it makes sense that they were allowed eye for an eye during a time that would have been unable to accept anything else- until Jesus came and said to turn the other cheek. And all the other advancements that Jesus made to their understanding of law.
    Tammy

Oh Tammy, Tammy, Tammy!

Isn't it obvious this "allowance" for divorce was simply made up so that men could get out their inconvenient marriage? Making an "allowance for hard-heartedness" is nothing more than pandering to men abusing women! Nothing godly in that!

An eye-for-an-eye is primitive retribution and not Justice. It in no way reflects Jesus at all. Jesus said just the opposite!

• myelaine
    myelaine

Terry said: "Isn't it obvious this "allowance" for divorce was simply made up so that men could get out their inconvenient marriage? Making an "allowance for hard-heartedness" is nothing more than pandering to men abusing women! Nothing godly in that!"...

thank you Moses!

love michelle

• Terry
    Terry

You are using a thing to measure itself. This is self-reference. It is circular reasoning.

Well, if we were talking about gravity or the effect of gravity, we would use gravity to "measure itself" too.

If we are talking about God as he is "shown" in the bible, we must use the bible, unless you wanna discuss God outside the context of the bible, but I forgot, you don't put stock in "personal revelation" either, right?

So, what is our "yardstick" for measuring God? what do you suggest?

Yes, by all means, take God OUTSIDE THE BIBLE!

A real, living, actually existing God would not haunt the dark recesses of an ancient Tome undetected by modern sensibility, would He?

When is the last time you or I witnessed the REALITY of a living God IN THE SAME WAY the Bible writer's have framed it??

Never. That's when.

Mighty suspicious.

Like Noah's Ark always being "found" and lost by some Yahoo or some farmer being kidnapped and probed by Aliens......

The yardstick I would suggest is REALITY!!

If you get your news from the city dump in the form of shreds of old newspapers scotch-taped together ad hoc----you might not be up to date on what is going on in the world!

• Terry
    Terry

talking to you about movies is a waste of time...maybe I'll google it...later..

In a nutshell: Morbius was projecting his own subconscious outward in the form of a MONSTER from his Id. He did not realize it was HIS OWN secret primitive fears and anger being empowered by the Krell's powerful machinery which made it possible.

Just like humanity's hidden fears and anger are amplified through ancient mythology into a ferocious deity: JEHOVAH which turns on us and condemns us to Hell or becomes a sacrificial lamb and saves us.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

That puts God into the realm of the "personal" and not everyone agrees with personal revelations about God.

To use reality as a yardstick like you suggested, begs the question of WHO's reality and when?

When is the last time you or I witnessed the REALITY of a living God IN THE SAME WAY the Bible writer's have framed it

I don't understand your question, sorry.

• Terry
    Terry

That puts God into the realm of the "personal" and not everyone agrees with personal revelations about God.

To use reality as a yardstick like you suggested, begs the question of WHO's reality and when?

When is the last time you or I witnessed the REALITY of a living God IN THE SAME WAY the Bible writer's have framed it

I don't understand your question, sorry.

We live today in a completely different world than ancient people did and our psychology is different. Education is different. Technology and Science have replaced wacky guesses.

WACKY GUESSES...believed by naive people...constituted ancient "wisdom."

God is superstition and magic thinking.

God has become something entirely different in the United States in 2010. He is much smaller, more personal and less formidable except for Fundamentalists who sharpen their knives an whet their appetites for mass destruction on ridiculous LEFT BEHIND speculations.

In really poor countries where people are repressed by horrendous government---a much more ancient God fills the subconsious.

This is where the future of Catholicism lies.

IN OTHER WORDS: the only thing REAL about God is how desperate you are for a magical solution to a problem.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Well, if we were talking about gravity or the effect of gravity, we would use gravity to "measure itself" too.

What a ludicrous comparison!

Gravity is EXACTLY the same no matter who, where or what you are! It can be measured, cross checked and examined with extreme ease.

Their are tens of THOUSANDS of Christian denominations. The Bible CANNOT be agreed upon in almost every way. Gravity merrits being something that can be used to measure itself because it is a COSMIC LAW.

-Sab

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Terry...

"Morbius was projecting his own subconscious outward in the form of a MONSTER from his Id. He did not realize it was HIS OWN secret primitive fears and anger being empowered by the Krell's powerful machinery which made it possible."...

was Morbius alone or did he have others that thought the same thing?...was he fearing for others or himself?...what is primitive anger and who was it directed at?...was the Krell's (whatever that is?) power manifest in love?...or was the Krell's alleged power really an act of theft?...you see, Jesus gives one an everlasting Id...He doesn't take what He can and leave a MONSTER. (do I project MONSTER to you?...did mother Theresa project MONSTER to the people she worked with?...are the MONSTERS really in your head and you are trying to project?)

love michelle

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Their are tens of THOUSANDS of Christian denominations. The Bible CANNOT be agreed upon in almost every way. Gravity merrits being something can be used to measure itself because it is a COSMIC LAW.

Actually, biblical interpretation is NOT agreed on, the bible in of itself, is agreed on.

Sorry you didn't like the "ludacrous comparison", I will write down your disapproval and give myself 40 lashes for my audacity !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit