How the TRINITY covers up the murder of Jehovah

by Terry 146 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

Of course you sat down with your local Rabbi and discussed all of this Not!

God leaves, where?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

Of course you sat down with your local Rabbi and discussed all of this Not!

Guess again, what do you know about the Hasmonean Kingdom or the Council of Jamnia?

• designs
    designs

You read books while sitting on that sofa on your front porch! Great! so proud of you man sniff sniff

.............so how was that last visit inside your local Synagogue, did you meet the Rabbi.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

.............so how was that last visit inside your local Synagogue, did you meet the Rabbi.

Hey, keep that under your hat. I don't want blackwater finding out.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Terry, LISTEN CAREFULLY: No matter which way you slice it, the scriptures did NOTBEGIN TO BE WRITTEN DOWN anywhere near the 300 year AD mark. There were gospels circulating long before that, as evidenced by Iraeneus, Papias, etc. No, we don't have the originals - agreed. But to say that writing down Scriptures BEGAN 300 YEARS LATER is untenable.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    You see? You can't play the same ballgame in both ballparks. The analogy is fatally flawed.

Not, not really, it isn't flawed, both were historical people that are know to us by the writings of their followers and there isn't any concrete evidence that they actually existed, though it can be debated there is more in favour of Jesus than Socrates.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Anybody can read the Bible. Many try.....repeatedly. Even the brightest among us will admit it is put together in a way any editor/publisher could fix easily. But, it isn't.
    It is like going into the house of one of those hoarders where everything is piled everywhere! No context other than haphazard madness!
    Now, having stated the obvious, I go on to say WHY DOES IT COME DOWN TO BELIEVING IT?
    What a crazy thing to require people to do!!
    "Here, this is the most important book on the planet! You won't really understand it. But--by golly--you better be prepared to BELIEVE it!!
    It is like the Health Care Bill that Senators signed into law WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT WAS IN IT!!
    It is a derelection of integrity to buy in totally to something that you cannot intellectually assent to for lack of complete understanding!

Sorry, you lost me on that one...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Terry, LISTEN CAREFULLY: No matter which way you slice it, the scriptures did NOTBEGIN TO BE WRITTEN DOWN anywhere near the 300 year AD mark. There were gospels circulating long before that, as evidenced by Iraeneus, Papias, etc. No, we don't have the originals - agreed. But to say that writing down Scriptures BEGAN 300 YEARS LATER is untenable.

The earliest COMPLETE copies where from the laet 200's and early 300's, fragments from earlier.

Which just means that the oldest copies we have of the originals are 1700 years old more or less.

Since Jesus died in 33AD we have less than 300 years between his death and the oldest COPIES, which as any historian well tell you, is VERY VERY GOOD in terms of a time frame in those days.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I do appreciate your post, Terry. Its going to take me a couple of days to read them all.

You make me realize, I believe in a God of my own understanding and my belief is based on faith.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Terry

Thanks for the reply.

You said I have a brain and should use it.

I do use my brain. I use it and understand colors are only names, words dont exist, and no one has the right to start expecting any person to see things a certain way -your way-Instead of some other way. My way be just as good.

Acolytes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit