Reform or dissolve Watchtower and questions?

by ruruj 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

''With God's permission, the Watchtower (controlling watchtower.org) will either reform or dissolve. In either case the evil system that ignorantly victimize many will be gone''.

And if 'God' does not permiss?

If there is a 'God', he has always given 'permission' for religions to crush and control. Guilty by doing NOTHING.

God has nothing to do with it mate...

oz

• bible brain
    bible brain

Hi everyone.

REFORM THE WATCHTOWER? NEVER.

DESTROY IT WOULD BE MORE BENEFICIAL.

read my live journal from an EX witness. free at alst after 38 years of brain-washing.

http://dpitn.livejournal.com or www.pitn.net

The governing body profess to speak on behalf of the FDS BUT it does not. The FDS condemns them.

• cantleave
    cantleave

God has nothing to do with it mate...

Too true Oz.

• bible brain
    bible brain

Belly Laugh ROTFLDON'T MAKE ME LAUGH.

REFORM ~ NO CHANCE.

THEY WILL ALL BE TOTALLY DESTROYED SHORTLY.

THEY ARE ALL BLOOD-GUILTY BEFORE THE ALMIGHTY.

http://dpitn.livejournal.com

• bible brain
    bible brain

Belly Laugh ROTFLDON'T MAKE ME LAUGH.

REFORM ~ NO CHANCE.

THEY WILL ALL BE TOTALLY DESTROYED SHORTLY.

THEY ARE ALL BLOOD-GUILTY BEFORE THE ALMIGHTY.

http://dpitn.livejournal.com

• elderelite
    elderelite

I agree with leaving WT. If you persecute the JW's they will simply see it as prof they are right. It will be used FOR them by the branch. They thrive off of that. The real truth is the best weapon. Expose the lies. thats what sets any of us free. Christian freedom by Ray Franz quotes Hassans book and comments on some of these same points. If there was a way to re tittle it and publish it in a JW friendly format I think that would be OUTSTANDING! That would free a few for sure.

• carla
    carla

Your first question- First of all, is there a way to keep this Topic available? if your topic is deemed interesting enough and answered by enough people it will stay on the 'top' or current if you use the active topics button located in the upper left of this page.

I personally hope the wt dies a horrible embarrassing death, soon. A worldwide media blitz that exposes something the vast majority of jw's could not abide by and would see the wt for what it is. Well, I can dream can't I?

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

If a big enough group had a voice they could send somone to dispute their way of doing things. They have the truth guarded by a dragon. Time to banish the dragon and let love take over.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Reform would be better because the structure and people are already there. Maby afterwards they should hang a sign saying"under new management". lol.

• onemore
    onemore

Ruruj, and all others reformist…

I’d like to share my thoughts on this issue. I once felt that an aggressive campaign was necessary in order to “unmask” the watchtower society. I support the idea of a reformation movement, and in doing more than just posting on forums like this.

But I’ve been fortunate enough to come across many mature Christians who have raise awareness of the danger of doing an aggressive campaign against the WT society. There is one advice in particular that stroke a cord in me, and made me think for a long time, (I hope this poster who emailed me this advice don’t mind me sharing it with you all) here is what he said:

“The problem is that the monsters at the top will do anything to preserve their power. And Jesus stated that the wheat would be oversown with weeds. He also noted that the angles were responsible for cleaning up the mess and warned his disciples to refrain from taking any action (i.e., other than what they individually could do by keeping themselves clean). The danger is that they (and we) could cause more harm than good, pulling out some wheat while attempting to remove the weeds. This is something to really think about. It's a very powerful illustration.”

With this in mind, I believe that instead of “uniting” to bring down the WT, we should unite to form an association such a BRC (or open chapters in our area) to provide assistance to those who are suffering as result of the WT policy. Often many that leave the organization don’t have the spiritual or psychological strength to make it outside of the WT. There are only a handful of us that have the mental and spiritual capacity to successfully leave the WT and lead a productive, happy and fulfilling life (and we some of us still have to pay a price, such as a divided family, broken marriages, lost of friendships, “catching up” with life, etc.). Others are left in a state not better than the one they were while in the organization.

What I’m finding productive in my life is to detox from everything WT, reading another bible translation, reading bible commentaries, other Christians books, and reverse-shunning JW friends, and of course reading and posting here.

So the reform has to be that of the “individual”, the “self”; then we can go and extend our help to those abused by the WT.

Mi opinion,

Onemore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit