Reform or dissolve Watchtower and questions?

by ruruj 41 Replies latest jw friends

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

The fall of watchtower is a prophetical issue

the little stone/rock in Daniel 2:43,44 is The kingdom of God when it "comes" on earth

and the big statue is representing exactly the WT from its origins...

now we are living at its "feet" time

the kick will be one quickly and effective

and will be around 2012

and the results very visible

the clay cannot stay together with the iron

they will be separated

wantingtruth

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I choose neither.

One cannot reform or dissolve something over which they have no control. We can only educate ourselves and others who are willing to learn and hope that one day the WTBTS will die out from decay.

• LV101
    LV101

anything that can help bring it down or force reform --- good news! HOPE SOMEONE COMES UP W/A GREAT GAME PLAN, AND HOPE ESSAN'S info that it's dying a slow, painful death is true.

NV1

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I'd like to see reform personally. I came home earlier this evening from the Convention. There was much that I appreciated. I really enjoyed the symposium from Saturday. Being honest with myself, there were a few things upon reflection, that I need to work on. I knew these things before the Convention, but the symposium put these things in better perspective. I enjoyed being amongst "the friends", despite my past experiences with several of them. I enjoyed the mood and atmosphere of the convention, and usually I hate the conventions and assemblies.

At the same time however, during the convention, I protested several times by not clapping when expected. I also refused to contribute any money to the World Wide Work. I didn't say Amen for the opening prayer this morning because I didn't agree with the way the brother was worshiping the faithful and discreet slave. If he wants to brown-nose, he needs to do that on his own time, not representing all of us in prayer. There's other peculararities found amongst JWs that I disagree with that I won't go into at this time. The two main things that bother me is, the interpretation of The Faithful & Discreet Slave, and Babylon the Great. I just don't find the evidence sufficient enough to agree with anything being particulary exclusive about this organization. Unfortunately, the men in charge of things as it is now, aren't humble enough to reevaluate several core doctrines. They're not humble enough to understand and acknowledge genuinely how other can read scripture and prophecy, and come to a different conclusion than themselves. I just don't understand how they can be so haughty and stubborn to have to be right on everything no matter how ridiculous they make themselves appear. I truly wish they would either humble themselves or Jesus or Jehovah would humble them.

• agonus
    agonus

They could still pull a WWCOG. A longer shot since there's no single individual as a figurehead, but here's hopin'.

• agonus
    agonus

"the same applied to Happy Feet too"

Funny thing, that. My JW ex-wife, after watching the movie, said, "Jehovah's people are tap-dancing penguins", I guess because "the world" was always trying to squeeze 'us" into a mold we didn't fit into. I thought that was cute at the time. Of course, she and her elder dad threw me out not too long after that when I confessed I'd lost my faith in The Great Wind... er, the Watchtower...

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I vote for dissolvement of WTS with the rest of religions all together. If there is a god surely he will manifest himself as some point to bring people to him otherwise there there is no point to praying to the wind. One can pray to an invisible god or a stone outside and the results will be identical - no answer.

• agonus
    agonus

I pray to an invisible god when I'm stoned outside. Oh, the answers I get!

• wobble
    wobble

As our very own, treasured," Outlaw" said on a similar thread to this some time ago, addressing the possibility of reform, he said :

"If you have got a crock of s**t, it doesn't matter how much corn you stir in, you've still got a crock of s**t !"

followed by his laughing dog of course.

Bless you Outlaw !

• freydo
    freydo

The wtbt$$$ neither honors God's Name(by using an alderated one that they admit is wrong) nor observes his LAW and is organized and operates a la cathoholacism and muslimism, and will eventually be chopped down at the root.

A Tree and Its Fruit

Matt7:15-20

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them."

Matthew 9:17

"Nor do people put new wine into old wineskins; otherwise the wineskins burst, and the wine pours out and the wineskins are ruined; but they put new wine into fresh wineskins, and both are preserved."

Luke 3:9

"The axe is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire."

Rev 18:4

"Then I heard another voice from heaven say: 'Come out of her, my people,
    so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;'"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit