new here

by seenitall 43 Replies latest jw friends

• seenitall
    seenitall

New here, but have followed this site from the very start. As my name states, I have seen it all. Former elder, Bethelite, PO, MS, 4th gen and still active as pub. Seen so much, could make a little difference, but it is a real drag. Have to stay in due to family and other matters. Nice to see such information made public for others to make their own conclusions. A piece of gossip - the opening and closing prayers for the Convention this year were given to old timers, visiting Bethel, CO, etc with instructions to take close to the full 5 minutes and to mention every talk. To do this, many old-timers had to make notes (in fact it was encouraged by the Chair's office & Bethel) - so were the prayers really from the heart? What is the difference between that and the old harlot? There will be an article coming out about the value of prayer with having something to say. Recall David in the Psalms or King Solomon or even Jesus - they are recorded. Ah, I can see it now, Outlines for prayers. I kid you not.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome - please be active as a poster, you sound like you could be some insight to this board.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Outlines for prayers - ummm!!! Isn't that a prayer book?

• asilentone
    asilentone

Welcome to the board! I am looking forward to read more of your posts.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Welcome seenitall...hope to see more posts from you in the future.

I do find it interesting that the prayers were encouraged to be long and structured...smacks a bit of the pharisees praying in the public place where they were seen by all that passed by...sheesh!

• seenitall
    seenitall

Also, at the Conventions - the attendents were instructed to keep there eyes open and look out for trouble during the prayers. Thieves, apostates and other bad things happen, Jeh can't protect during the prayer if he is listening directly!

• Think About It
    Think About It

Seenitall.......welcome to the board. I never was DF'd, but am a former elder who has been out for 15 yrs. Look forward to your contributions to the board. Congratulations on having the courage to sign up to post.

Think About It

• asilentone
    asilentone

seenitall, you can edit your posts by clicking on the yellow pencil on the right corner of each post.

• Titus
    Titus

Hello seen! It is good to have you here! I am another active JW here. Welcome!

OK, are you serious? It is not problem if you are not... But it is good to know if you make jokes or speak seriously.

COMRADE TITO

• seenitall
    seenitall

It takes a real burden off the back and helps to express the frustation of being a part of such a big corporate org. Change will only be limited and the power struggles will go back and forth. Thinking about all the old beliefs, changes, urgency, evils of the outsiders and yet the winking at wrongdoings, coverups, drunkenness at Bethel, CO / DO good old boy systems, lawyers sunning every move, I want to go into a hole and come out a different person cleansed from all of it. The endless letters, kissing up to the CO, not being able to give real help due to HQ and "what is written", it turns the stomach and makes me want to throwup! But, staying in and being a support for the beatup, thrown about sheep is what keeps me going. Filter out the craziness and focus on the good. Thanks for listening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit