new here

by seenitall 43 Replies latest jw friends

• debator
    debator

Is Matthew 6:9 onwards an outline for a Prayer?

Matthew 6:9 (New International Version)

9 "This, then, is how you should pray:
    " 'Our Father in heaven,
    hallowed be your name,

• Gayle
    Gayle

Recited prayers, all talks to be spoke by the outline,,no extra references. Nothing from the heart? The freedom of the heart and spirit is dying it seems. The suppression reeks.

• Hadit
    Hadit

Welcome to the forum seenitall. I admire your courage and love for staying in and helping out the "beatup, thrown about sheep." Perhaps you can help others to see as well - under cover of course! You must have many many horror stories to tell considering your positions held.

I look forward to reading of your journey.

All the best!

• seenitall
    seenitall

Yet, Jesus did not follow that pattern on the other recorded prayers. Prayer is a personal matter and yet can be used to address a group of people. Jeh is not one to be mocked, and yet at the Convention it was a mockery and showed how distorted the GB can become when 1 member runs with any idea and has some sort of scriptural backing. The leadership can be swayed to see the point - "we have a 5 min window for prayer and SOME OF THE BROS (tm) are not properly using the time and not even thanking Jeh for ALL of the talks, parts, etc, etc". So, we must follow the directive and use the time properly and make everyone weak at the knees and comment about how so and so was so close to Jeh in their prayer. I still can't believe how things are done!

• seenitall
    seenitall

Tidbit #3 - CO tells us to write things up in reports so bro drunk can get reappointed quickly. Crazy COs who didn't even have a clue and just wanted to party, drink, hang with single pio hotties and make calls on infirms, expired subs and listen to themselves talk. Spirit directed appointments, my ass!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Bethel? Please list location, dept. assigned and years served

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Welcome.

• yknot
    yknot

I want to go into a hole and come out a different person cleansed from all of it.

I think that sums up how I feel about having to sit through another season....

We are dealing with time marching on and no end in sight so of course the control is going to be tightened..........the real question is will they come up with a feasible explanation and program to retain enough in Western countries to stay afloat? Rutherford had to drop kick Russell, I don't see these boys or their 'Given Ones' having the cojones to deviate that far from the previous script.......

• asilentone
    asilentone

WAC, He is still in. I do not think he wants to give you more details here on this forum, you can PM him, tell him how to do it.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hello and......

Welcome 4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit