new here

by seenitall 43 Replies latest jw friends

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    What's a G Job?

A G job is a side job a Bethelite takes outside the Watchtower in order to earn a little extra money. The Job is done outside his/her normal Bethel hours. It was highly frowned upon while I was there. It seems like it may have been grounds for serious dicipline if I remember right. The term isn't technically accurate when applied to a Bethelite, But G Job...is a contraction for "government job." A questionable act, usually using public funds or resources, performed by a public employee geared toward personal or political gain. At times, this act may be preceeded by some degree of coercion or veiled threat from persons in authority.

Tommy is supposed to be checking for loose manhole covers, but he's really on a g-job painting the mayor's house.

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

WELCOME seenitall !

you may check this also

wantingtruth

• yknot
    yknot

ahh G-jobbing!

Bet many Bethelites would trade in that vow of poverty quick for a chance to live in those days again!

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hi Seenitall, nice to have you onboard, look forward to hearing more from you.

Cheers, Mattieu...

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello Seenitall and Welcome - am enjoying your tidbits, thank you.

Loz x

• Open mind
    Open mind

Great first post and welcome aboard Seenitall!!!!

Frankly I'm surprised that individual, off-the-cuff prayers have been allowed for as long as they have in this high-control religion.

It's about time the GB snipped off that loose thread.

I wonder when we'll see direction along these lines extend to the local level?

om

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hi, SeenItAll!!!

WelcomeOn - Board!!!

Zid

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

WAC: You sounded like you were demanding to know his name, rank and serial number, like you were in the military or something and you were interrogating him. I guess old elder habits die hard and old bethel elder habits die harder!

Cog

ps: Welcome, seenitall.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

seenitall: when you say you have been lurking since the beginning, do you mean since 2001? That's a long lurk!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit