They have a table at the local Walmart now

by life is to short 51 Replies latest jw friends

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Lifeistooshort,

Hey can you send me a PM with that local Walmart's address.

I'd like to write a letter or two.

I can assure you they won't be set up at that Walmart much longer.

The Oracle

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

The local Witnesses are making arrangements to do that here too. I think it's in poor taste. It takes away all the dignity they have left. But, I guess it's easy time. All you got to do is set up a table with literature and hope someone comes to you.

The local Wal-Mart here pretty much lets anybody set up outside, but they have to be so far away from the entrance. I personally don't like groups asking for money, if I had any extra money to give I wouldn't be shopping at Wal-Mart. But, I do give to charities, but they are ones I know and trust. I don't know if everyone outside the store is on the up and up.

But, the Witnesses plan on just sitting there and hope people come to them and ask questions.

• crapola
    crapola

aguest,,, I'm neither poor nor un-educated and I shop at Walmart. So what was your point?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Witnesses around here sign up for time at a "free speech" table located in the visitors' center at our nearby National Park. It's a way to contain the prosyletizing in a limited area while no tprohibiting it outright, which would lead to lawsuits.

I suspect Wal-Mart would need a similar policy: if they let the Girl Scouts sell cookies and the Salvation Army set up their donation kettles, they can't discriminate against other non-profit organizations without risking a lawsuit. The Watchtower organization has the legal savvy to know this, and use it to their advantage.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Girl scouts and the salvation army don't have a shunning policy that will make people feel so uncomfortable that they stop shopping at wal-mart either. Think of how many ex-JW's who will avoid wal-mart like the plague because of the way they will be treated at the entrance, that would make the wal-mart greeters job null and void don't you think?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Crapola... may you have peace! I am not poor (relatively speaking) or uneducated, either, and I shop at Wal-Mart. Was just there yesterday, in fact. Hence, my word "usually." Meaning, (1) they are actually ambushing those they believe "need" their message, and (2) you're less likely to find them outside the doors of Macy's or Saks.

Dearest LV101... may you also have peace! I am a "she," dear one, and I receive what I know from the Holy One of Israel/Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, who is the Son and Christ of the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... by means of an anointing with holy spirit (1 John 2:27).

Again, peace to you both!

A slave of Christ (Rev. 19:10; 21:9),

SA

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

''All Jehovah's Witnesses are rapists! Including me....''

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    you're less likely to find them outside the doors of Macy's of Saks.

I was thinking the same thing.

I was also thinking (with a guilty mind) about the quality of new recurits you'd start seeing at the Kingdom Halls if this trend takes hold and the kinds of problems they'd bring with them for the elders to sort out. I'm sorry if I sound like a snob, but I guess I'm just snobbish enough to notice that there is something about that store that attracts some pretty strange folk. It's as if you walk in the door and everyone is 50lbs heavier than the general population and are dirtier and louder too. There is a Walmart super store on my way home from work. I have gone in there out of necessity a few times. It felt like people were looking at me as if to say "What are YOU, doing HERE ??

Have a look around at this site and see what I mean. http://www.peopleofwalmart.co/?page_id=9798

• Quandry
    Quandry

This is what I'd like to do if I saw them set up a table.....make a sign that said:

"Ask us about the Overlapping Generation new light" or

"Ask us if the residents of Sodom and Gomorrah will be resurrected" or

"Ask us about shunning family members" or

"Ask how our doctrine is to die rather than take whole blood but we can take it in fractionated parts but will not donate any of our own"

and then discretely stick it to the front of the table so that it hung down just where they couldn't see it.

• LV101
    LV101

S.A. --- thank you for correcting me and information. Enjoy your posts and your scriptures.

NV1 --- i previously signed off wrong name of LV 101.

Walmart gets my vote as well as higher education.

NV1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit