What's Your Attitude Toward Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you hate them? Do you feel bad for them? Do you not give a crap about them anymore???

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I feel bad for them, except when they try to tell me how to live - then I am angry with them.

But these are individual Witnesses. As an org, I really don't give them much thought - the bOrg is just something that happened to me, and I got better.

• donny
    donny

I hate the leadership but I do genuinely feel for the rank and file since I used to be one of those drones for the Watchtower Publishing Inc.

• minimus
    minimus

I feel bad for most JWs because they live in fantasy.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Consider me in the "not giving a crap about them anymore" category.

W

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I feel very sorry for them. I have great affection for many JWs.

• minimus
    minimus

FF, why does that not surprise me??

Leaving, ditto.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

I wish I could help some to wake up.

Iam trying to plant seeds.

For example - I love to say, on every apropriete occasion - "Dont we live in a great time? I think we live in a best time ever .... "

Or when my son (8) is asking something (and there are witnesses around) I say "Son we will check out internet. Whatever you need to know you, you can find on internet. Internet is a great source of information."

JW who are around are usually stunned...

But I have to admit, its not many witnesses willing to visit us by now...

Albert

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

went from hate to just hate the "organization" to feel sorry for them to not thinking about them much.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I love JWs with all of my heart. When I think about them, I feel sad. Seriously they are some of the most honest hearted people I know. They 100% believe that what they are hearing and reading is the truth.

To me, it's like seeing a dysfunctional kid. On the surface they are rude, rebellious, violent, and have no class or character. But underneath they have been mistreated, abused, and lied to. They have not had true affection from a parent. They have been made to feel like they are not good enough.

Jehovah's Witnesses only say what they do and teach what they do because of the abuse that they have suffered. It's easy for us on the board here to say that they are annoying and judgmental. But they know no other way. You know? They have been thoroughly brain washed and mislead to the point that they can justify everything. If the GB conspired to commit a murder, I GUARANTEE you that they would have an excuse for them. It's sad but true.

So while I am upset at the leadership and what they have forced JWs into, I cannot help but feel pity for them. I DO NOT feel pity for the leadership. While I think they too are captives, they have gone beyond what could be considered normal. They have ignored facts and fabricated lies. Even if they feel they are doing the "right" thing, they have done enough to be punishable by death in my eyes. The blood guilt that is on their hands is staggering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit