IF THE BIBLE is so darned great---why don't people JUST read IT?

by Terry 108 Replies latest watchtower bible

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    8 Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.
    9 For six days you shall labour and do all your work.

Do any Christians here work on the Sabbath? If so, wha'ts not clear about those passages above?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Please give an example of something on which the Bible is explicitly clear.

Joh 3:16

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17"For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

For God so loved the world

Who does God love?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thanks, DD and Burns for your answers. I don't really want to trouble you any further. In general, it just seems to me (as an outsider) that there would be far fewer denominations if the BIG IDEAS were explicitly clear.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    Do any Christians here work on the Sabbath? If so, wha'ts not clear about those passages above?

It's clear to me. That's the law.

Rom 7:6

But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Who does God love?

According to John, the whole world.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I work everyday. I think the problem with that commandment is that they didn't define "work". Everything is work. Just getting outta bed in the morning is work. We should all be crucified!

I was mentioning this to my Dad recently. I said to him "Define work. I guarantee you women gave birth on the Sabbath in ancient times. And THAT is definitely work! So is making meals, feeding the animals, cleaning up after yourself...etc...etc...etc. The commandment really makes no sense."

• besty
    besty
    For God so loved the world

Define "world", and does it include Afghanistan which is currently 99.9% convinced on an alternative holy book.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Leaving

I don't always agree with (Chalam) Stephen, but I have to admire and respect his love for the scripture.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

DD:

but I have to admire and respect his love for the scripture.

Indeed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit