Have You Ever Wondered If Someone You Knew Was On Here?

by minimus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Nowman
    Nowman

My name is Nikki, and there are not alot of peeps from my old hall here, at least I dont think. I was in Addison IL, then Elston Ave hall in Chicago, then Libertyville, IL, then my last hall was Lindenhurst, IL. Left the troof in 92.

My parents were Andy and Cindy...

I reconnected with more EX JWs on facebook actually, reunited with alot of them, been great.

Nikki

• minimus
    minimus

this thread's kewl.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

After posting here a while someone came on and after they started posting I realized I may have known them. The went to the same KH I did. They were just teens then but to my surprise they got marries. Both their families were JW's and they were afraid of being exposed at that time. I didn't post here for quite a while and recently found out they were pretty popular posters after a while so I guess they "Came out" later.
    I don't think they post here anymore but I did see him post on Englishman's new board.
    It's nice to run into someone you knew that had the courage to leave when their parents were so strong in it.

Snoozy..who wishes their were more..

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I found an old friend on here too!!!!! Made me feel SO much better to find out I'm not the ONLY one that realizes how nutty this religion is...

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

There was a poster on here that I recognized from his name and story. He had moved out of state and sounded very tormented. Haven't seen him post in about a year. I feel kind of guilty for not reaching out to him, I wasn't ready to be that "out". Now I don't care, I'm pretty "out". NMKA

• flipper
    flipper

Someone I did know previously in my old home town was on here. Still is- but doesn't post very often . We kept in touch on the phone for awhile but I haven't heard from him lately. I called and left messages- but no return call . He was really treated badly and DFed from the JW cult - turned in for apostasy by his then JW wife. Has since divorced and moved on in life. I hope he's O.K. - I need to try calling him again

• zoiks
    zoiks

Always wondering... anyone from northern New England?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Many times my friend - I still think you may be my PO waiting to DF me

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Yes, and I found two friends I grew up with here. And it's great to be able to talk openly with each other. The only people in my "real" life where I don't have to pretend.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

this thread's kewl.

Is that because a cool person started it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit