Generation teaching - conversation I just had with my dad.

by cult classic 31 Replies latest forum suggestions

• cult classic
    cult classic

So, went to the DC 2 days this weekend. Still have lots of family in and had to put in a cameo for family who had parts on the program and drama. I left after the drama today and just spoke with my dad who is inactive and supposedly enlightened about all things JW. I asked him what he thought about the last talk on the program. (Remain in the secret place something or other).

Dad: "Cult Classic I really wish you would have stayed. The speaker brought out some deep stuff. He said that the generation teaching is being misunderstood. Only those who were Franz's contemporaries, alive when he was around, anointed when he was alive on earth, are a part of the generation. Not all of the new GB members are considered a part of "that generation". So CC, this generation does have a shelf life and the proof will be in the pudding. It can't be too far off now." He went on to babble about how the speaker was able to explain it so that everyone understood the new teaching. And he wants me to watch the DVD, which will clear it all up.

My family will probably never wake up.

Thanks for listening guys.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Sad. I would have responded to the line "It can't be far off" with "Dad, that's what Russell said in 1894".

• baltar447
    baltar447

I don't think many will truly understand what they are trying to explain. Most will just say, "it's the annointed" without giving it further thought.

• Gayle
    Gayle

{Only those who were Franz's contemporaries, alive when he was around, anointed when he was alive on earth, are a part of the generation. Not all of the new GB members are considered a part of "that generation". }

Those of the GB that knew Fred Franz, are around 60 yrs old or so. They could live 25-30 yrs possibly.

It seems Fred Franz (one man) is the pivotal key to this new light/change. Their whole doctrine rests on Freddie's life span.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

CC, sounds like conversations I've had with my Dad and other family members. Sometimes I think they are better off believing all the hokus pokus stuff. It is scary to think how they would react if they did have to face the honest truth.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Jwfacts Yeah I had a moment of intense sadness. I'm gonna give the cult personality some time to wear thin a bit and ask him again what he thinks about that. At this point, I'm not expecting miracles, just some admission from someone in my family about the lunacy of it all.

• cult classic
    cult classic

It seems Fred Franz (one man) is the pivotal key to this new light/change. Their whole doctrine rests on Freddie's life span.

Yeah Gayle, that's what my husband was laughing about....He said, " So now Freddy's the it guy, huh? He's the main character in this prophecy, not Jesus."

Awaken - I think you're right. They know and have experienced everything we have and yet they can't cut the cord.

Baltar - Yep, they'll just resort to one word explanations... lol

• VM44
    VM44

Perhaps someone will make the English language version of the DVD available online for download?

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

They will never wake up even to just say 'that sounds a bit strange'.

If you are interested, I started a thread last month about the Freddie connection.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/195090/1/New-Generation-understanding-tied-to-Freddie-Franz

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

My wife wasn't even aware of the 1995 change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit