Generation teaching - conversation I just had with my dad.

by cult classic 31 Replies latest forum suggestions

• cult classic
    cult classic

Yeah, the witnesses are so limited in their worldview and experience that they believe the only way to improve life is to associate with them. If they would get their head out of a watchtower and learn about the community around them, they'd learn about all types of ways to elevate themselves.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Absolutely, cult classic. It truly is a wonderful world full of wonderful people. The love of the greater number may have cooled off within the Borg but outside of the cult charity is alive and well and flourishing. Sure, bad things happen in the world...bad things happen everywhere, but every time there is a tragedy we see loving people come together to help.

• rocketman
    rocketman

So, is Fred Franz some kind of modern-day Jesus, that it's his life span with which the generation is being referenced? Are they going to come out with a new calendar with designations B.F.F. and A.F.F.?

• cult classic
    cult classic

rocketman - LOL "Are they going to come out with a new calendar with designations B.F.F. and A.F.F.?"

-i know, right? look at 5th gen's link on the first page of this thread. they discussed it a bit.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Wait. Seriously? Fred Franz is the new "touchstone" for the WTBTS propadandic false prophesying (may you all have peace!)? No. I don't believe it. I mean, there are some folks I left back there that I just CANNOT believe are falling for that. I cannot. They may not have been the brightest crayons in the box, but they weren't all that dull. I'm thinking perhaps not everyone has heard that talk/been given that 'splanation. Surely. Surely...

[Then, again... Jim Jones did get a whole bunch of folks to sit down in the dirt and knowingly drink poisoned kool-aid from a large vat in the middle of the mosquito-infested yard of an "open-air"... "church" compound... situated in the snake-infested jungle of a country located thousands of miles away from their homes. Heck, I guess if he could do that...]

Sigh. Sad. Just... sad. Ah, well... we can only pray...

Again, peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

P.S. Is there some reason (that I'm missing) why is this thread in the "Suggestion" area vs., well, a couple of other seemingly more suitable ones?

• cult classic
    cult classic

I'm not sure AGuest. I didn't know I should select a place to put the thread. I just logged in the other day and started a new topic. I'll check next time I start a thread.

But yeah, my family is totally repeating this mess of an explanation and soaking it up! I can't believe it. They have new hope! They've been saying that no one has explained it so that it makes sense.... until now

• flipper
    flipper

CULT CLASSIC- It sounds like your dad, though inactive, is still controlled by illusions of fear instilled into him by the WT society cult mind control. So he hangs onto this hope- basically because he has nothing else to hang his hopes on. Like most of MY JW family as well. So, yeah, I understand how challenging it can be reasoning with him.

If I were you, I'd just stay on non-JW topics with him about family, common interests, golf, hiking, hobbies, ANYTHING but the JW topics. That way YOU control the conversation and show your family unconditional love and you'll be educating them as to what REAL life conversation is. Just try to avoid debates. JW's are unable to reason- their brains are basically in " cult lockdown " mode. Reach them through authentic love. Good luck

• No Apologies
    No Apologies
    That basically describes my mother-in-law as she grew up in a family where many of them would drink and some of them would do things to young girls and of course they were poverty stricten.

That sounds like my family, except guess what, we were Witnesses!! Mom was alcoholic, dad was child molester with raging temper while serving as Presiding Overseer. Good times!

No Apologies

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Sometimes I'm just in awe of how the JW control at the top are able to convince the rank and file. I remember drinking the koolaid and spouting the same, "if you only heard the talk you'd understand perfectly, because it made so much sense." Or, "if you just could talk to Bro, X, he could explain it to you." Or, if you only watched the DVD, you'd understand." Of course, it made no sense to anyone with a brain. But thousands and thousands of us believed it.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

There are a number who don't really believe in the letter of the doctrine but they DO believe that the Borg is Jehovah's Organization and the HE will correct their mistakes in time. "Wait on Jehovah" is their mantra, once the "trust in the Borg" mantra fails them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit