David Splane in Pictures

by VM44 81 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

The GB would not have appointed him as GB member if they knew he partook at the age of 17. If a teenager partook in my congregation, everyone would think he is not anointed.

• asilentone
    asilentone

What are your sources, Titus?

• Titus
    Titus

When he speaks about nowdays new anointed, he always likes to say that we should not judge them for partaking, and then he mentions his case, when elders in his congregations were suspicious about his partaking, while he was only 17.

My sources: David Splane himself and:

• asilentone
    asilentone

Hard to believe, but I will take your word for now.

• Titus
    Titus

Ask David if you see him.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I have to credit listening to David Splane at a Circuit Assembly 10 years ago with my decision to leave and not go back. Seeing and hearing a Governing Body member pound his finger into the podium and angrily tell the audience that they must listen to the Faithful and Discreet Slave as the voice of God was the icing on the cake. Experiencing it live leaves no doubt about the delusion these men live under.

Funny you mention this, because he's a key reason I woke up. The District Convention following the elimination of the Book Study arrangement, he was one of the final speakers on Sunday. I was tired, irritated from doing the attendant thing, and couldn't wait until it was over so I could pack up the folks, and hit the road. While listening to him, he was speaking about changes the organization has experienced. He went on to say in more words or less, "The friends appreciated our mercy in eliminating the book study arrangement." Excuse me? Your mercy? I felt a rage I hadn't felt in quite a long time. I felt insulted. If I could have gotten close enough to him, I might I stuck my 10 1/2 Adolfos up his rear. AllTimeJeff seemed to have known the guy and stated it probably was just misspeak on his part. I don't know, it came off more to me that the guy thinks too highly of himself, and probably the other GBs think too much of themselves. Looking at his pictures, he looks like an odd fellow.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Yeah right, I will see him in my lifetime personally. I doubt it.

• asilentone
    asilentone

He would probably ask me "Who told you that?"

• VM44
    VM44

In David Splane's often given talk, "Four figurative giants" (recently changed to "Five" I believe"), he has stated that people should NOT study Computer Science, but should learn plumbing instead. He goes on about how a person who has studied Computer Science would be put to work doing something entirely different at Bethel, and that over time the person's knowledge of the subject would become out of date and obsolete.

Every time he gives the talk, he speaks about not studying Computer Science and being a plumber instead, he has made it an essential part of the talk, so one might wonder if he personally has a grudge against the subject.

Or, perhaps, he just likes plumbing?

• VM44
    VM44

Does anyone have a recording of the "Figurative Giants" talk?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit