Christians, Is it okay for engaged couples to have sex before marriage?

by asilentone 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Obviously the relationship is the most important thing. That goes without saying.

Holding hands is part of any relationship; giving physical pleasure to the person you choose to spend the rest of your life with is part of your relationship.

Let's face it, the anti-premarital-sex lobby is historically and currently driven by the fear of children being born outside of wedlock. So use contraception responsibly. And fathers.....? accept that your daughters need physical pleasure, whether they are married or not.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

GL Tirebiter.......

Would you prefer that seven years later you get the call saying "He says I'm TOO FAT and that I'm TOO BORING and I think we're NOT IN LOVE ANYMORE"?

This could happen whether or not the couple had premarital sex.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Yes, if a firm commitment has been made, a solid date has been set and a deposit made on the banquet hall...go for it!

Oh wait, I'm not a christian.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    This could happen whether or not the couple had premarital sex.

Yes, it could. My position is that such problems are more likely when the relationship is founded on a sense of entitlement and valuing a person only for physical purposes, the "test drive" mentality I originally responded to. There's no guarantee, but the odds are better when you put the other person ahead of what that person does for you.

Our marriage means more than that...and the sex is still great

I suspect the sex is still great because your marriage means more than that. I hope it always will be that way for you!

• free2beme
    free2beme

OKay to have sex anytime, as long as adults. Pay or not pay, oppisite sex or same sex, no position or hole bared. LOL Sorry, just have to laugh at religion controling sex.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I don't think christians should ever have sex and then with no kiddies they will be GONE! Yay!!!

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

My position is that such problems are more likely when the relationship is founded on a sense of entitlement and valuing a person only for physical purposes, the "test drive" mentality I originally responded to. There's no guarantee, but the odds are better when you put the other person ahead of what that person does for you.

I agree that a relationship based on entitlement and physical attraction does not have a good solid base. But if a couple is engaged, hopefully they have already figured out that their personalities mesh well, they have compatible goals in life, they enjoy each others company, and treat each other with respect.

Becoming engaged means that a couple has made a public commitment to each other. I don't really understand why sex is verboten after an engagement. Why wouldn't a couple make sure that they are sexually compatible also?

• skywho
    skywho

Dear StAnn, like Mrs. Jones said. good sex in 10% and bad sex is %90. My husband and I didn't Have sex before marriage(good little JWs). It took years to work out the kinks... ANY and ALL marital problems were amplified so much from it. It would have been nice to have all those kinks worked out 1st. Would I have married him anyway: in a heart beat. he is my best friend in the world! Since you love me referencing a human as a thing: it would have been really nice to have gotten to pop the hood and do some tweaking before taking a cross country drive ;) by the way, kinks at all worked out and its all joy riding now ;)

but then again I'm a Atheist(or a rationalist) not a Christan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit