Christians, Is it okay for engaged couples to have sex before marriage?

by asilentone 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Engaged couples have already made a commitment to each other, which is what marriage basically is, plus the piece of paper you sign. I think that committed couples should have as much sex as they want with each other because they are already married mentally to each other. To quibble over a piece of paper and a ceremony, thinking that God cares whether or not you've reached that point in your relationship, is a ridiculous, antiquated notion that does nothing to help the bond of your union.

• dgp
    dgp

St. Ann, I can see your point, and also Yknot's when she said that "man disappears after he has what he wanted". That happens only too often, in and out, that we need to take it into consideration. That's one of the reasons why the women in this country try NOT to have sex with the man before they marry.

• The Finger
    The Finger

God could forgive David his sins under the mosiac law. No doubt in years to come he can forgive a little premartial screwing.

• skywho
    skywho

you wouldn't buy a car with out taking it for a test drive would you?

• pirata
    pirata
    As God is forgiveing and forgives those who have in the past i cant see it matters

Jude 1:4 (New International Version)

4 For certain men whose condemnation was written about [a] long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

My understanding of that scripture is that God forgives, but his should forgiveness should not be used as an excuse to do whatever we want.

• The Finger
    The Finger

pirata,

Are we saying that some people just can't help it whilst others can. If you get caught on judgement day screwing to bad, if before your alright. How many people in the kingdom hall expect salvation although they have been immoral. They expect to be forgiven. Were they ignorant of God's view.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77
    That's one of the reasons why the women in this country try NOT to have sex with the man before they marry.

What country is this? I'm having a hardtime thinking of a country that women think that.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Galatians 5:19-21:

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these, adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness ... of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

Genesis 38: 9-10:

"But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his. So whenever he went in to his brother's wife he would waste the semen on the ground, so as not to give offspring to his brother. And what he did was wicked in the sight of the Lord , and he put him to death also."

Well, shit!

I can't fornicate, adulterate, uncleaniate or even lasciviousiate. I can't even masturbate.

What the fuck? Kill me

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Sounds like Onan pulled out at the right time...

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

No. In fact, it's one of the most offensive sins against God.

My sister loves watching JUDGE JUDY on television (she comes on just before Glenn Beck). I'm constantly amazed at how many women sue men they've lived with and who have fathered their children. Some women have three or four children and most are on the public dole! This is something that is extremely serious. The Lord established the family and it's a holy institution. No matter how careful some people are, some become pregnant and I think abortion is one of the greatest sins of the age. (Most of the women I've talked to who have been for abortion rights have never bothered to actually see how one is performed.)

Premarital sex is the antithesis of everything the Lord wants and has established. Women accidentally have one child after another and then they don't raise them properly. Many end up in gangs and murdering other people. So of course it's a sin, and a grievous one at that. And I don't want to support other peoples' kids.

Just look at our president. Obama's father had never gotten a divorce from his previous wives, so his "marriage" to Barry's mom was not entirely legal. Both parents were communists, the kid was nurtured and taught by communists. Now he surrounds himself with communists and if anyone reads about his early life, he was (and in my opinion) still is a basket case! Now he's taking us down the road that that bankrupted the Europeans and has never worked. He was bound to have been screwed up! Barrack Obama Sr. was simply a "baby maker." He went from one woman to another, then abandoned them.

Now look what we've got!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit