3 Things You Should Know About Islam

by onemore 121 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

If you are implying that I have said here that I agree with all of Ms. Brooks' observations or that this is the only book I have read on the subject, you are mistaken.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    what feminists wanted for muslim women and what muslim women desired for themselves whilst they fight for their rights

Muslim women want what they are brainwashed to want. Look at JW women, for something you might be more familiar with.

BTS

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

bts - imo witness women are more oppressed than muslim women

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

What is your opinion of Ayaan Hirsi Ali?

She says that Islam (esp. politically and socially) is incompatible with a "secular, liberal values".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOzW-aHo-6E

• JWoods
    JWoods
    bts - imo witness women are more oppressed than muslim women

But I have never seen or heard of one getting her ears and nose cut off for running away from home -

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

What is your opinion of Ayaan Hirsi Ali? She has an enormous set of brass ones. She's a hero. leavingwt- you've a PM

• freydo
    freydo

6 August 2010 Last updated at 12:22 ET

Mutilated Afghan girl Aisha in US for new nose

"The cover has generated much discussion in the US The Afghan girl featured on a controversial Time magazine cover is in the US to have her nose rebuilt. Aisha told Time her nose and ears had been cut off - with the approval of a Taliban commander - by her abusive husband as punishment for running away. The front cover generated debate over the headline "What Happens if We Leave Afghanistan" and the use of the photo itself.

Her surgery is being done by the Grossman Burn Foundation in California.
    The foundation campaigns on the issue of violence against women as well as doing free plastic surgery work.
    Aisha, whose surname has not been revealed, will meet surgeon Peter Grossman next week to discuss the reconstruction of her nose. The 18-year-old was reportedly given away by her family in childhood as a "blood debt" and was subsequently married to a Taliban fighter. His family abused her and she ran away but was recaptured and mutilated by her husband. Women for Afghan Women has been using Aisha's case to illustrate the fear of what will happen if US, British and other international forces leave prematurely. The Afghan-American group helps to run the shelter which took Aisha in............"

Taliban Conflict
    UK troops launch new offensive
    Mapping drone and militant attacks
    Q&A: Fighting the Taliban
    Who are the Taliban?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-10897018

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Islam = bad

Christianity = bad

Jehovahism = bad

clear thinking, compassion, science = good

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

It's a sick man that wants to stare into a gaping hole where his life partner's nose should be.

But it's a sick society that uses this woman's image as part of print propaganda to justify an immoral war.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I just don't fathom how such hatred of women and children is generated in men that they would mutilate their own women and children. I understand that in such cultures, men feel that they own women. It still doesn't make sense though, even on that level. Men own cattle and livestock too, but if one ran away, they certainly wouldn't spitefully mutilate it to teach it a lesson? I just don't understand how this level of misogyny is generated?

I would especially be interested to hear from men on the subject too, if they have any clues to how men from other cultures (and perhaps sometimes even their own culture) reach this point of hatred to beings that are physically weaker and more vulnerable than they are on every level (except mentally).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit