More Society cutbacks - Society says "screw you" to the publishers yet again

by sir82 113 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    This new arrangement ensures..
    Some congregations won`t get magazines on time..
    Some won`t get them at all..

Well, then I guess it's a good thing that some of the wacko rank and file buried some literatrash in preparation for the great tribulation!

• yknot
    yknot

A roundtrip to our AH is 150mi!

That really sucks......

I hope this isn't for all the USA.

My BOE wouldn't read this type of letter to the congo, they would call a boys-only meeting to make arrangements.

Hmmm I see a local brother making a nice side job of meeting the delivery truck at the AH and re-labeling the boxes for outbound shipment to congregations......afterall a $20 fee plus shipping is going to be cheaper and less hassle than driving over to the AH for many congos twice a month.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Last night a letter was read stating no more soft cover bibles. Use them until they are gone, then no more.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Will they go back to the hard covered ones, or will they just stop providing them?

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

It said the hard cover, hard cover reference and deluxe? would continue being printed for better wear. There was something said about dedicated christians only but I can't remember now what was said.

They also read another letter about the PDF versions of the magazines being on jw.org. The last 6 months would be there.

• Violia
    Violia

In my area several congs share halls . I imagine one Van could pick up for all 4 congs sharing one hall. They will call it a privilege to give our time and money to Jehovah.

I guess if you had a accident while picking up the mags you could use theocratic warefare( lying) to tell your insurance co it was personal business-unless of course boxes of the mags were strown all over the highway.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The letters on the cover of the soft back bibles wore of after awhile, you couldn't tell the back from the front until you opened the book and realized you were holding it upside down.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Will they go back to the hard covered ones, or will they just stop providing them?

No more Bibles period! The scriptures are printed out in the Watchtower. Do you need to question the WTS and look it up? Jesus is out too. You just need the GB and organization for salvation.

Think About It

• wasblind
    wasblind

I guess this is the official don't read the Bible we'll read it for you stance.

• elderelite
    elderelite

I guess being an elder this whole thing dosent really create a huge deal for me. We got this letter about a month ago (im in the usa). its just another cost saving measure, along with not having your own magaizine box anymore. you just take what you need for the week. have you heard about that one yet?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit