More Society cutbacks - Society says "screw you" to the publishers yet again

by sir82 113 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Sure--this wastes the congregation's time and money. If they would deliver to the lead hounder's home or to the Kingdumb Hell, it would cost them a bit more--but people would have that gas money to donate to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. This way, they have to give their Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund money instead to the gas stations.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Future Ass Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses

OMG that is hilarious!!! I would be rollin (out loud) if i saw that...

Me too, that is hilarious!

If I were still an active jw, I'd be incensed at this. Not only do they have people driving all kinds of miles, there's also the poor depot servant (slave) who has to work there all day.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Didn't read the whole thread - but they have been doing that here for a couple of decades. Usually three or four local halls worked together to send a couple of brothers up the assembly hall to get magazines for those congregations. The local circuit is about 120 miles from the assembly hall. This is not new here, but may be elsewhere.

Jeff

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I remember the servants in my old hall doing this years ago (15, 20, 25 years ago) so doesn't sound completely 'new' to me. I can't imagine that they would have changed that pick-up arrangement in this area to shipping direct in the past decade. But I have no confirmation/info on that.

Maybe this is a change for just the more rural areas as city and suburban areas have been doing it this way all along?????

-Aude.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

So do we know if this policy is now being applied to all congregations in the USA when it was applied only to some before? Or is this a policy that has been around a long time voluntarily and is now being applied un-voluntarily to some other congregations?

• JWoods
    JWoods

I have been watching this thread with increasing disbelief - except that I do believe it. May I just say:

THIS IS NUTS.

There is no logical reason not to mail or ship this literature to the locality in question.

I have to wonder if this is not just another unreasonable Watchtower control freaking obsession to keep their people in submission.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"I'd be more than happy to go pick up all the ragazines. Of course, they might mysteriously disappear on the way back and end up in Lake Ontario....... "

What Mary said... I have a sneaking suspicion that a person could rake in a bit of money, taking all that paper to a recycling center... dollar signs in the eyes smiley

Zid

• sir82
    sir82

By the way, the service overseer (who has the original letter) says this applies to all congregations in the US. However, if there is a "special hardship" the Society will, in their magnanimous graciousness, continue to ship magazines to the local KH.

There is no logical reason not to mail or ship this literature to the locality in question.

Of course there is!

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

The Society's $$$ that is - who give a flying fig about the publishers' money?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Why doesn't the society charge each congregation for shipping? Wouldn't that be cheaper than individuals driving long distances to pick up the literatrash?

• Slidin Fast

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit