More Society cutbacks - Society says "screw you" to the publishers yet again

by sir82 113 Replies latest jw friends

• onemore
    onemore

So, if the brothers have an accident while driving to or from picking up the magazine…who will be responsible? Who could the injured person sue? The Watchtower society, the local congregation, the brothers?

For example:

“$17 million award from a jury in Milwaukee against Catholic Archdiocese because a volunteer for a Catholic lay organization, (Legion of Mary) driving her own car, ran a red light and caused an accident while delivering a statue of the Virgin Mary to a 82-year-old semi-retired barber. Although the church does not direct the activities of this group, its meetings are held on church property

http://www.morehead-law.com/articles/CampusPreservationPlanning.pdf

I can see the borg setting themselves up for more legal liability…they don’t want to let it go! I guess the benefit out-weights the liabilities.

All these little things cause big stirs among doubting JW, the brothers are showing more signs of discouragement, so when announcements like these are made…they serve to raise question and to start talking about “what is going on with the org, a lot of changes lately”…

• undercover
    undercover

Yet another thought...

Another indication that the once mighty publishing empire is crumbling further into oblivion. They've re-structured so that money comes from real estate holdings now. The publishing division is just overhead that produces no return. But it does create a problem... they need to print the mags to give the R&F something to "place" when in the required field service work. Stop publishing the magazines represents, even to old warhorse JWs, a failure of epic proportions...so they have to continue to print the rags and find the most economical ways to ship them to the congregations, cutting expenses. It's a necessary evil in order to keep giving the workers chores to keep them in line.

• snowbird
    snowbird

So, it's a catch-22 situation?

LOL.

Syl

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

At our hall, it was that way for quite some time. Our assembly hall is about 45 minutes from the KH. At one point there was no one in the congregation willing to have the magazines delivered to their home. The body at the time didn't want the boxes outside the KH between meetings. I'm guessing due to the weather, unneighborly neighbors, and the KH gate being locked. I think with it locked, UPS would probably dump them in front of the gate. So we would rotate amongst several brothers and drive out to the assembly hall to pick up the magazines and literature. For the past couple years we've had people willing to allow the mags delivered to their personal homes.

Interesting developements the past few years. On a side note, I find it humorous that I find out about WT related letters and matters here before I hear it from my own PO or Secretary.

• blondie
    blondie

Never heard of an "assembly hall"? It is a building where circuit assemblies are held for several circuits in the area, some coming as far as 200 miles. They have been around since 1975 and are less likely in sparsely populated areas where there are fewer congregations.

Mira Loma California Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses3300 Cornerstone Dr
    Mira Loma,CA 91752

Norco Circuit Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses1001 Parkridge
    Norco,CA 91760

Woodland Hills California Assembly of Jehovah's Witnesses 20600 Ventura Blvd
    Woodland Hills,CA 91364

Plant City Florida Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witness1904 N Frontage Rd
    Plant City,FL 33565

Daytona Beach FL Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, Inc.PO BOX 9357
    NEW SMYRNA BEACH,FL 32120

Jehovah's Witnesses Assembly Halls of New Jersey, Inc.PO BOX 8888
    TURNERSVILLE,NJ 08012

Brooklyn Assembly Halls of Jehovah's Witnesses, Inc.973-81 Flatbush Ave
    Brooklyn,NY 11226

Queens Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses44 17 Greenport Ave
    Sunnyside,NY 11104

Rochester New York Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses272 Farrell Rd Ext
    West Henrietta,NY 14586

Jehovah's Witnesses Assembly Hall400 N Cleveland
    Memphis,TN 38104

Jehovah's Witnesses Assembly Hall of Washington 11317 78th Ave E
    Puyallup,WA 98373

Jehovah's Witnesses Assembly Hall of Wisconsin, Inc.207 S Wright Rd
    Janesville,WI 53546

There are many more.

How close is St. Louis?

St Louis Assembly Hall

Jehovahs Witness Assembly Hall St Louis Missouri Inc*

953 Laredo Avenue St Louis , MO 63138-3641

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Here in MS, there are no Assembly Halls. Most of the publishers have never been inside one, unless they toured the Stanley Theater in Jersey, while visiting Bethel.

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

funny how there making the JW's think that times are so bad now and the end is sooooo sooooo soooo near that they have to start cutting things back.... and idiots bite the carrot...

• undercover
    undercover

Well, damn, I knew ya'll were a little behind the times there in ole Miss, but no Assembly Halls? So much for Jah's chariot speeding up...unless he just sped by Mississippi on the way out West...

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS mentions assembly halls in their publications and shows pictures....can I conclude that no one in MS ever reads them...something to be hoped for....

An editorial in The Ladysmith-Chemainus Chronicle, Canada, commented: "Regardless of your religious persuasion, or lack of, you've got to hand it to the 4,500 Jehovah's Witnesses who worked around the clock during the past week and a half to build a 25,000-square-foot [2,300-square-meter] Assembly Hall in Cassidy . . . To do this cheerfully without arguing, dissension or glory-grabbing is a mark of true Christianity."

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20040301/article_02.htm

• Mary
    Mary
    Here in MS, there are no Assembly Halls. Most of the publishers have never been inside one

You're kidding! Holy crap, I thought every place in North America had ASSembly Halls. I remember going to the one in Norval when I was a youngun. It was brand spankin' new and we thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. At least the chairs were a hell of a lot more comfortable than those damn metal chairs we'd have to set up at the local schools.

Going forward, magazines will be sent only as far as the Assembly Hall. It is the responsibility of each Kingdom Hall to send brother(s) twice a month to drive out there, pick up the magazines, and return.

I'd be more than happy to go pick up all the ragazines. Of course, they might mysteriously disappear on the way back and end up in Lake Ontario.......

Yet another example of the Borg becoming more and more like Ebenezer Scrooge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit