Tell me, what is your idea of what is romantic...

by FlyingHighNow 40 Replies latest social relationships

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Scott, slowdancing is beautiful. I hope you can dance with your wife like that soon.

Wow, Gladiator. That is ultra romantic. When is the last time you got to do that? Your wife is very lucky.

• undercover
    undercover

Don't mind me... I'm just gettin' ideas.

I think I'll skip the filling up the car with gas. I end up doing that all the time as it is, 'cause someone drives around with the fuel light on...

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I can't believe how romantic my darlin' is. So many things I could write here but I'll start with this one.

I had been gone about five days on a trip back to Ohio and we really had missed each other terribly. When I came home he led me to the bedroom and had me lie down. Then he picked up his guitar and sat on the edge of the bed. He then told me how important I was to him and how much he missed me while I was gone. He then played his guitar and sang me a song that he practiced while I was away. It was so touching and so beautiful that I cried.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    Wow, Gladiator. That is ultra romantic. When is the last time you got to do that? Your wife is very lucky.

We go every year for a few days. Venice is her favourite place.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think it's kind of sweet when someone feeds the other something like craisins. When you are doing the feeding, you feel sweet kisses on your fingertips.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Under, I hope you do get some ideas your sweetheart will love and you will enjoy, too.

A & W, that is terribly romantic, to be sereneded.

Gladiator, makes me wish I lived near enough to do something so otherworldly.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I once knew a wonderful man who used to pass by this elderly lady who sold home baked bread by the road. He never stopped to buy any, but he kept thinking someday that he would. Well when he met me, he decided to finally buy some. And he invited me for breakfast and coffee, that he prepared. He served it on a covered front porch. Coffee, toasted breads with butter and olive oil. And fresh fruit and a mix of nuts and dried fruit. We had our coffee and food while we watched a male cardinal do his mating ritual, trying to woo the lady cardinals in the trees nearby. After we finished eating, he read to me and then I read to him and discussed what we read. He chose what he read and I read from Chicken Soup for the Soul. Then we took a nature walk through the woods. He had told me of these black dragon flies that think they are butterflies. He told me that they take off, fly and land, not like dragonflies but just like butterflies. We looked for them and found them, hanging around the creek. He also pointed out other magical things along the way. That was just the beginning of a most wonderful day, spent together enjoying each other's company.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I think it's kind of sweet when someone feeds the other something like craisins.

Hmmmm, this morning my bird stuck one of his cashews in my mouth. Does that count?

Seriously though, it's been so long since I even thought of anyone in a romantic context that I probably wouldn't know where to begin.

W

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Well, FF, this thread is a good place to start. For sure, romance is more possible when there is good chemistry and mutual admiration. Maybe someone will wander across your path and you will find her irresistible. Your bird sounds precious. Just hope she doesn't bite a hunk out of your lip or tongue. I still have a scar on my right thumb knuckle from feeding a conure named Elvis.

• FlyingHighNow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit