Tell me, what is your idea of what is romantic...

by FlyingHighNow 40 Replies latest social relationships

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

backing it to the top

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Sitting outside at night... no one around, just night noices, and the 2 of us (my wife ...sorry flyinghighNow) holdong each other.

Usually by a fire.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey, Darth, no need to apologize. Romance with a spouse is the best kind, right? Outside at night is the best, with sparkling stars and moonlight, night sounds and a fire and someone who gives you fire, great.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

The guy I'm currently seeing sent me a dozen red roses and a teddy bear to my job a week ago...just because... No one has ever done anything like that for me before...not even my ex husband. He only bought me flowers when he knew he effed up big time (which was often, but he admitted it rarely...that's when he would buy me a plant, which I subsequently killed...never roses...nothing says "Sorry I'm a screw-up" like a friggin cactus!).

Other things I enjoy are good conversation, laughing over a bottle of wine, cuddling up with a movie (no chick flicks please!!), and just being together.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Mbaby - that is hilarious!

I've never send flowers if I've made a mistake - only wanted them to be associated with a positive feeling.

I once turned up to collect someone for FS with an armfull of huge red roses wrapped in cloth - about 80 of them. I had to drive to New Covent Garden market in London at 5am to get them. They looked and smelled great but the surprise element was good. Shame we had to go on FS although the afternoon was fab

mmxiv

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Every one of these ideas sounds romantic to me. Well, maybe not Outlaw's, but his does sound fun and sexy (Not exactly sure what the pliers are for, gripping the chicken I hope?).

I think romance is taking the time to be really present in mind and body and doing little things that show you were thinking of pleasing your partner. It doesn't have to be big, expensive or dramatic. It just has to say, "you are on my mind".

• Farkel
    Farkel

I think a friend of mine had it all figured out. He married in his late forties and his bride was about the same age. Second marriage for both. They each had their own businesses, and each helped the other out in those businesses.

Often, when he would get home from work first, he prepared the bathroom for the arrival of his bride. When she came home, he kissed her and gently guided her to the bathroom, turned out the light and closed the door. In front of her was a hot bubble bath, burning incense, lit candles, soft music, and some noshes on a platter by the tub.

A decade later, they were still acting like newly weds.

On the other hand, I gave my wife a 2-ton floor jack and radial arm saw for Christmas one year. Or should I say ex-wife. I got to keep the jack and saw, though.

Farkel

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Using a feather is kinky...

Using the whole chicken is perverted...

V665

• tec
    tec

Flipper, you live across from a canyon and a forest? *dreamy sigh* You don't need much more than that for some quiet romance with your wife. My husband hates living in the city. He wants land, a cabin and quiet.

Its not feasible yet, but one day.

Tammy

• FlyingHighNow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit