1914 Doctrine is FALSE -- Questions for JW's

by UnDisfellowshipped 90 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

I have a question to add to your list which always bugged me... Matt 24, 36 says "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." If this is the case how can there ever have been a divine plan of the ages or ANY kind of fathomable structure to history and the passing of events. If there was some kind of pattern the angels or at least Jesus would have been able to work it out even back when that was written.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    If there was some kind of pattern the angels or at least Jesus would have been able to work it out even back when that was written.

They aren't as smart as the GB.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Trueone, Um the first picture is a DRAWING. It is an obvious fake. If you want people to take you seriously, DO NOT LIE... Also it looks like it has quotes from SOMETHING although it never actually shows the cover of said writings. Hell, YOU could have written that crap and taken a picture of it. None of it can be substantiated. In FACT all your points are all shot down with this....

http://pastorrussell.blogspot.com/2010/06/apostates-mourn-ray-franz-1922-2010.html

So now it has ALL been cleared up yes? So when are you coming back? Oh that´s right. You are so FULL of hate that you cannot come back but would rather hang out with Satan..

The first picture of the video is a blow up of the front of the building, there are other pictures of that building on the NET also.

The pictures of all of Russell's earlier books are correct as well, I've checked that myself with careful scrutiny .

The fact is Russell's own level of ignorance played a spearheading role in calculating all his prophecies and proclamations of the return

of Christ, the end times, Armageddon and so on. When Rutherford took over he let go of some of these idealogical proclamations such

as Pyramidology to only hang on to the 7 times 70 bullshit, which I mentioned before is going beyond what is written in the bible, to stay

within truthful interpetation.

This whole end times prophetic dating has always been a vehicle to help with the circulation of the WTS literature, you cant deny that it didn't work.

As for as me returning to the flock of idiots , never, I was born in JW and now have been a devout humanist/atheist for more that 30 years.

Religion is for the uneducated ignorant lazy non-thinkers of the world.

So if you like a commercialized religion and not too concerned about truthful bible interpretation and honest religious expression than the JWS is

the right religion for you.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

bane-i am deeply dissappointed in the wts complete failure in interpretating prophecy.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

For BANE:

The Watchtower, August 15th, 1968, Pages 499-501:

Are we to assume from this study that the battle of Armageddon will be all over by the autumn of 1975, and the long-looked-for thousand-year reign of Christ will begin by then? Possibly, but we wait to see how closely the seventh thousand-year period of man’s existence coincides with the sabbathlike thousand-year reign of Christ. If these two periods run parallel with each other as to the calendar year, it will not be by mere chance or accident but will be according to Jehovah’s loving and timely purposes. Our chronology, however, which is reasonably accurate (but admittedly not infallible), at the best only points to the autumn of 1975 as the end of 6,000 years of man’s existence on earth. It does not necessarily mean that 1975 marks the end of the first 6,000 years of Jehovah’s seventh creative "day." Why not? Because after his creation Adam lived some time during the "sixth day," which unknown amount of time would need to be subtracted from Adam’s 930 years, to determine when the sixth seven-thousand-year period or "day" ended, and how long Adam lived into the "seventh day." And yet the end of that sixth creative "day" could end within the same Gregorian calendar year of Adam’s creation. It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years.

31 In regard to Adam’s creation it is good to read carefully what the Bible says. Moses in compiling the book of Genesis referred to written records or "histories" that predated the Flood. The first of these begins with Genesis 1:1 and ends at Genesis 2:4 with the words, "This is the history of the heavens and the earth . . . " The second historical document begins with Genesis 2:5 and ends with verse two of chapter five. Hence we have two separate accounts of creation from slightly different points of view. In the second of these accounts, in Genesis 2:19, the original Hebrew verb translated "was forming" is in the progressive imperfect form. This does not mean that the animals and birds were created after Adam was created. Genesis 1:20-28 shows it does not mean that. So, in order to avoid contradiction between chapter one and chapter two, Genesis 2:19, 20 must be only a parenthetical remark thrown in to explain the need for creating a "helper" for man. So the progressive Hebrew verb form could also be rendered as "had been forming."—See Rotherham’s translation (Ro), also Leeser’s (Le).

32 These two creation accounts in the book of Genesis, though differing slightly in the treatment of the material, are in perfect agreement with each other on all points, including the fact that Eve was created after Adam. So not until after this event did the sixth creative day come to an end. Exactly how soon after Adam’s creation is not disclosed. "Afterthat [Adam and Eve’s creation] God saw everything he had made and, look! it was very good. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a sixth day." (Gen. 1:31) After the sixth creative day ends, the seventh one begins.

33 This time between Adam’s creation and the beginning of the seventh day, the day of rest, let it be noted, need not have been a long time. It could have been a rather short one. The naming of the animals by Adam, and his discovery that there was no complement for himself, required no great length of time. The animals were in subjection to Adam; they were peaceful; they came under God’s leading; they were not needing to be chased down and caught. It took Noah only seven days to get the same kinds of animals, male and female, into the Ark. (Gen. 7:1-4) Eve’s creation was quickly accomplished, ‘while Adam was sleeping.’ (Gen. 2:21) So the lapse of time between Adam’s creation and the end of the sixth creative day, though unknown, was a comparatively short period of time. The pronouncement at the end of the sixth day, "God saw everything he had made and, look! it was verygood," proves that the beginning of the great seventh day of the creative week did not wait until after Adam and Eve sinned and were expelled from the Garden of Eden.

1975!...AND FAR BEYOND!

34 Bible chronology is an interesting study by which historic events are placed in their order of occurrence along the stream of time. The Watch Tower Society over the years has endeavored to keep its associates abreast with the latest scholarship that proves consistent with historic and prophetic events recorded in the Scriptures. Major problems in sacred chronology have been straightened out either due to fulfillment of Bible prophecies or by reason of archaeological discoveries or because better Bible translations convey more clearly the records of the original languages. However, several knotty problems of chronology of a minor nature are not yet resolved. For example, at the time of the exodus from Egypt when Jehovah changed the beginning of the year from autumn time on the secular calendar to spring time on the sacred calendar, was there, in the Jewish calendar, a loss or a gain of six months?—Ex. 12:1, 2.

35 One thing is absolutely certain, Bible chronology reinforced with fulfilled Bible prophecy shows that six thousand years of man’s existence will soon be up, yes, within this generation! (Matt. 24:34) This is, therefore, no time to be indifferent and complacent. This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that "concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." (Matt. 24:36) To the contrary, it is a time when one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end. Make no mistake, it is sufficient that the Father himself knows both the "day and hour"!

36 Even if one cannot see beyond 1975, is this any reason to be less active? The apostles could not see even this far; they knew nothing about 1975. All they could see was a short time ahead in which to finish the work assigned to them. (1 Pet. 4:7) Hence, there was a ring of alarm and a cry of urgency in all their writings. (Acts 20:20; 2 Tim. 4:2) And rightly so. If they had delayed or dillydallied and had been complacent with the idea the end was some thousands of years off they would never have finished running the race set before them. No, they ran hard and they ran fast, and they won! It was a life or death matter with them.—1 Cor. 9:24; 2 Tim. 4:7; Heb. 12:1.

37 So too with Jehovah’s faithful witnesses in this latter half of the twentieth century. They have the true Christian point of view. Their strenuous evangelistic activity is not something peculiar to this present decade. They have not dedicated their lives to serve Jehovah only until 1975. Christians have been running this way ever since Christ Jesus blazed the trail and commanded his disciples. "Follow me!" So keep this same mental attitude in you that was in Christ Jesus. Let nothing slow you down or cause you to tire and give out. Those who will flee Babylon the Great and this Satanic system of things are now running for their lives, headed for God’s kingdom, and they will not stop at 1975. O no! They will keep on in this glorious way thatleads to everlasting life, praising and serving Jehovah for ever and ever!

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

This is a formatting test to see what is going on with the formatting on my text when i posted my last post right above.

The letters started out okay, then they shrank and shrank.... and finally faded away.

Does BOLD work? Italics? Underline?

Larger Font?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Your last post worked fine UnDis.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Bane, I would suggest you put your own pic here for your avatar, but I am not sure young children are allowed to use this forum.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Why is it that people who venture to get spiritually enlightened by organizations usually lower their intellect at the same time ?

• BANE
    BANE

No Trueone, You are not an atheist. You are an opposer. Do you see the difference?

Jehovahsheep, I am not. I think it´s perfect.

Un, Perhaps Jehovah is stopping you from posting crap?

Issac ,Yeah I don´t know how to do it. Any pointers would help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit