What's Your Pet Peeve?

by minimus 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

the spitters

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have a few mostly concerned with when I am out on my wheelchair

1. people who ride their bikes on the sidewalk - it's illegal but it doesn't seem to stop thep
    2. people who wander back and forth across the sidewalk when they are walking. They seem to be totally unaware that someone might be coming up behind them as they wander back and forth like lost ants
    3. people who insist on walking down the miggle of the sidewalk or aisle in a store totally unaware that there are other people aroiund them. They stop dead in their tracks, back up without looking and refuse to move out of the way of a 300 lb wheelchair with a person on it. Believe me - it will hurt if your toes wind up under the wheels
    4. people who rush to get on the bus before the wheelchair. They grab the seat where I have to park or crowd the aisle and then get upset when they have to move so I can get to my little parking spot. It's not like they didn't see me sitting outside the bus waiting to get on.

It is just ticks me off. It's called consideration

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"people who ride their bikes on the sidewalk - it's illegal but it doesn't seem to stop thep"

I don't ride a bike mostly because I'd be scared to ride in the street. I think you should be able to ride on the sidewalk, with some exceptions.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Threads that keep getting LOCKED down.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

serenitynow

bike are considered vehicles and do not belong on the sdiewalk. In most places it is illegal. They are to be used in the same way cars and trucks do going with the traffic and following all the rules of the road that cars do.

Sidewalks are for pedestrians. Wheelchairs and scooters are not considered vehicles and are legally required to use the sidewalks or if there are no sidewalks they are to be used facing ther traffic just as a pedestrian would.

On bike paths we are all supposed to share the path following the rules of the road - stay on the right and pass on the left.

Pedestrians and many cyclists don't seem to know these rules but if you search your city, state or province rules of the road you can find these rules and laws.

Police need to start ticketing them on a regular basis.

If it is too dangerous to ride a bike on a busy street then find a side street but stay off the sidewalks

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Darth

You know what? It ticks me off to have to keep locking them or removing them.

Easy solution - posters should follow the posting guidelines

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Harley riders with open pipes and a sense of style that only includes black leather, garish patches, and doo-rags, especially when they're not Hell's Angels or Mongols or Bandidos in real life but some punk ass accountant or janitor or whatever.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

The spitting thing.I dont get it,shouldnt that be a private function? Men here do it a lot tho..Ikkk.Probaby why I imported my hunny from far far away.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"You're not alone Coffee. I know for a fact that folks in Indiana and California don't know how to merge either. ..."

What??? You guys don't close your eyes and floor it???

• wobble
    wobble

People who moan, they are called Peevple.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit