What's Your Pet Peeve?

by minimus 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Others have already said it, but noisy eaters. I absolutely cannot stand it. I admit, somewhat shamefully, that I've gone so far as to ask family members to either quiet down or leave the table. It's so barbarous and revolting. Learning how to be polite at the table is a basic social expectation, and in my opinion one worth following.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Close talkers-people who invade my personal space during conversation. I move two steps back and they move forward and continue to be in my face.

People who talk during a movie. Pick one, either watch the movie and be quiet or go somewhere else to visit. The price of movie tickets has certainly gone up, but when I need an evening out I usually choose the movies. But, it never fails, their is always a group of teenagers sitting around me goofing off and talking during the movie. It always ticks me off.

People who don't mind their own business. My former congregation was full of especially sisters who didn't mind their own business. And thought they had a say on everyone else's life. The congregation I'm semi-attending now, isn't as bad about this. But, I find the Witnesses in general are a nosy bunch. Now, that I'm fading, I could care less what anybody does. It's really freeing.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

And also noisy eaters, especially people who slurp their soup.

And poor grammar. I can't give away my region, some here know where I live, but my city has a habit of putting r's in words that don't belong, and cutting whole syllables out. It's awful. It's funny how the local news always finds the ones with the worst accent to interview.

And when I have to call a company for information or need assistance. It's hard getting a real person on the other end. And when I do, it's someone with a thick foreign accent I don't understand. Then, they get insulted because I can't understand a word they are saying.

Wow, this thread has unleashed a lot of repressed anger in me. I better quit while I'm ahead.

• highdose
    highdose

people who ask me to call them and then turn out not to have an answering machine, especailly when they then have a go at me saying that i never called them!

When people don't have locks on their bathroom doors and when they don't have guest towels.

When people say " i don't mean to be horrible or anything but..." or " i don't mean to be nasty or anything but..."

when i go to someones house and they have the TV and we have to talk over the top of the noise!

When people describe things as being "posh" i normaly find that the thing they are describing as posh isn't posh at all. Example being when a collegue once told me that she last wore a frock " to that posh do at the best western"

When people turn up at my house with their pets with out asking if its ok.

• highdose
    highdose

oooh! one more! at resterants when the waiter offers you a giant chess piece/ pepper grinder and then makes a big performance of using it?!! i mean why???

screaming kids in resterants/ supermarkets.

people who insist on forcing their religous views/ health views on me.

people who wait untill i've served up a carefully prepared meal in front of them and then declare " i don't eat : meat, wheat, dairy etc etc" Jw's i find are very good at this.

When i invite people for a meal at say 8pm and then they turn up at 8:45 when dinners just about ruined and i'm pulling my hair out.

• highdose
    highdose

oooh! one more:

When people seem to be unable to say a sentence without saying first "oh my god!" i'm sorry but this seems to be a american talent

• highdose
    highdose

ooh!oooh! just one more!: Maddona, Linsley Lohan, J-Lo, Katie Price aka Jordan, Kerry Katona, Chantelle houghton, mariah carey, paris hilton, kira knightly, victoria beckham, george hamilton, Cheryl Cole, Simon Callow, Piers Morgan, Lilly Allen, Amy Winehouse, Kate Moss, Angliana Jolie, Kelly Osbourne, Gerry Haliwell, Gordon Brown, George W Bush, the entire Kardashian family, Kendra Wilkinson and i know shes dead but dare i say it... Jade Goody. Also Michael Jackson, Gary Glitter, William Hague, Micheal Portillo, Mel Gibson, Ken Clarke, Margaret Thatcher, Tony Blair, Ah-Ha and my neighbour downstairs.

All the GB and hardcore JW's. Other than that i love everyone!:)

• highdose
    highdose

... i forgot a couple... Peter Mandelson and Gok Wan, Julian Carey, Noel Edmonds and Slade ( that awful xmas song!!) also Cliff Richard and barry manilow.

I think thats it for now...

• highdose
    highdose

apart from Yoko Ono, Keith Chegwin and Sting and Trudie Styler

and thats the last i promise!

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Where do I begin?
    To tell the story of how great a peeve can be
    The no love lost story that is older than the sea
    The simple truth about the way we all should be
    Where do I start?
    Where do I begin?

Looking at these offerings, there seems to be a universal concensus that people who get in the way are a pain. They hog car lanes as they crawl along picking their noses. Block sidewalks, and asiles with their slow moving, smelly, sockless, overweight bodies, while they shout their opinions into cellphones. Sneeze into their hands and wipe them on restuarant seats. Eat garlic and chew loudly then silenty fart before belching and complaining about the service.

I said, Hey! You! Get off of my cloud
    Hey! You! Get off of my cloud
    Hey! You! Get off of my cloud
    Don't hang around 'cause two's a crowd
    On my cloud, baby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit