Restrictions on sanitation supplies at a$$emblies

by WTWizard 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• carla
    carla

Can someone explain why the hell they have bathroom attendants to begin with?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Can someone explain why the hell they have bathroom attendants to begin with?.....Carla

........................ ...OUTLAW
  • undercover
    undercover
    Can someone explain why the hell they have bathroom attendants to begin with?

To be fair, I've never seen one at a JW assembly/convention. The only bathroom attendents I've seen are in strip clubs and you gotta tip the guy a dollar to get a paper hand towel.

Hey! there's an idea on how the WTS can make some extra coin. Charge for the handtowel and tip the attendant. Just make sure the attendant is honest and puts all his tips in the contribution box.

• blondie
    blondie

They aren't called attendants, but I saw sisters running around making sure there was toilet paper and paper towels, soap and that things were clean. They reported any overflows and some lucky men got to clean it up in the men's and women in the ladies.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I haven't had much experience with water restrictions or paper limits.

Just a general shortage of restrooms.

Nothing like having mens rooms converted to womens rooms, then finally finding the mens and waiting in line to pee in a trough.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

It's been a long time since I've been to a JW DC, many decades. But I absolutely remember announcements from the platform about not flushing unless completely necessary. And I remember people taking rolls of toilet paper and paper towels home with them. I also remember the lines so long that one woman pushed herself past everybody in line and went in, pulled her underwear down and sat on a sink to use the bathroom. Honest truth, swear on a stack of Bibles. All of this happened at the 8 day long International Assembly in Atlanta in or 1967? or 1968? I can't remember the exact year. I'm getting confused. But I truly believe my parents saw things there that appalled them for the first time about JWs. They never felt the same about them again.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

"I also remember the lines so long that one woman pushed herself past everybody in line and went in, pulled her underwear down and sat on a sink to use the bathroom. Honest truth, swear on a stack of Bibles. All of this happened at the 8 day long International Assembly in Atlanta in or 1967? or 1968?"

That assembly was in 1969--I was there. The heat was vicious, and I had a 2-year old son. That's probably why he always hated assemblies.

I remember long, long lines at lots of assemblies. There was one assembly where the bathroom attendant actually walked out along the line and asked if there were any "emergencies", and they could go to the head of the line. I thought that was rather kind.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I was there too at the International Assembly in Atlanta in the late 60's, but I have no memory of it, maybe just a little bit. I was a toddler. I think I remember the rainy weather in Atlanta, thats it.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

What scripture do they use to back up the Restrictions on sanitation supplies at a$$emblies

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

asilentone, I remember that it was extremely hot and humid and we had some really bad thunderstorms with bad lightening and short torrential rains. It was an awful, awful week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit