Why are you here, Bane?

by dgp 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Even if he was a nonfactor in the DC Universe.

The name fits him right as he is a nonfactor in the JW universe.......unless you count any elders that may get pleasure from Bane kissing their ass and sucking up to them.

Think About It

• dgp
    dgp

I AM SO HAPPY TO KNOW THAT A WITNESS IN GOOD STANDING SAYS I AM "QUITE" KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THE WATCHTOWER! And I am so happy because I learned it all from apostates! See! No need to have that "What does the Bible really teach?" thing? No need to attend meetings, et cetera! APOSTATES ROCK!

So, Bane, and are you achieving a lot? At least you are right on something: Nothing you say will make me change my mind.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Happens on boards like this all the time. Don't feed the attempt, just move on. All in all, most who come are people in doubt. So do not be surprised if they return later, as one of us.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

All in all, most who come are people in doubt.

Well, if that's true, it's a good thing.

That's why I hope the WTBTS tightens it's grip. I hope disfellowshippings increase. If people can't or won't leave of their own accord, I hope they get booted out.

Whatever it takes

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Bane, you don't know the whole history of JWN (or formerly JWD), it did start out as a true JW site, until the owner began to see postings from Apostates that showed the inconsistancies of the WT dogma. Flip flops of doctrinal changes, false prophecies, the association with the U.N., pedophiles being protected while disfellowshipping those that went to the local authorties to report a crime of child molestings. The list is quite long, dating back from the very beginning when CT Russell founded this so called, "religion".

So the owner, Simon, left the Organization, but kept the domain name for a very good reason, to allow others to see the truth for what the WTS truly is and many like this site, websites, blogs and so on are helping them leave the WTS because, quite simply, it became no longer festable to continue living in a lie.

In my take, Jesus is the Truth and there can be no other Truth like Him.

God warned man not to put their trust in man, "Cursed is the man that trusts in man...." Jerimiah 17:5

Jesus himself said, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man can come to Jehovah, except by Me." John 14:6

God wants you to rely on the Holy Spirit rather than man to understand His Word, "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." John 14:26

You can attend meetings if you wish, even go door to door preaching the so called "kingdom", but works in of itself will not bring you salvation...

"And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace." Romans 11:6

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

So the real question is, how do you earn this salvation? Paul and Silas said this quite simply...

"Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household." Acts 16:31

That's it, that's all you have to do in order to earn salvation. Just believe, this is an act of faith.

Let me ask you this, would Jehovah mislead you if you studied the Bible alone without the Watchtower?

Yiz

• Opus92
    Opus92

This is Bane from the Batman comics. Hugely muscled, cunning, and downright a genius. He broke the guy no one could break. I break apostates and eat them for breakfast. I out muscle, out cun, and out scripturize them at every turn. Apostates think they are immune. They are not.

OMFG That is so win. Thank you.

• today
    today
    ...it did start out as a true JW site, until the owner began to see postings from Apostates that showed the inconsistancies of the WT dogma
    So the owner, Simon, left the Organization, but kept the domain name for a very good reason, to allow others to see the truth for what the WTS truly is...

Wow. I'm still a bit new here. This is intriguing.

This is Bane from the Batman comics. Hugely muscled, cunning, and downright a genius. He broke the guy no one could break. I break apostates and eat them for breakfast. I out muscle, out cun, and out scripturize them at every turn.

Bane you made me laugh this is so funny.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Bane ultimately establishes himself as the "king" of Peña Duro prison. The prison's controllers take note and eventually force him to become a test subject for a mysterious drug known as Venom,[4] which had killed all other subjects. It nearly kills him at first, but he survives and finds the drug vastly increases his physical strength, although he needs to take it every 12 hours (via a system of tubes pumped directly into his brain) or he would suffer debilitating side-effects.

LOL

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

I thought he chose that username because he wanted be the bane of our existence here on this board.

Bangalore

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Perhaps the following excerpt from page 57 of "The Authoritarians" could shed a little light on why Bane is here? (Italics mine)

"How good, how moral are you, compared to other people? (You get to say what is “good” and “moral.”) As I mentioned in chapter 1, if you’re an average human being, you’ll think you’re a better than average human being. Almost everybody thinks she’s more moral than most. But high RWAs typically think they’re way, way better. They are the Holy Ones. They are the Chosen. They are the Righteous. They somehow got a three-for-one special on self-righteousness. And self-righteousness appears to release authoritarian aggression more than anything else.

Chronically frightened authoritarian followers, looking for someone to attack because fighting is one of the things people do when they are afraid, are particularly likely to do so when they can find a moral justification for their hostility. Despite all the things in scriptures about loving others, forgiving others, leaving punishment to God, and so on, authoritarian followers feel empowered to isolate and segregate, to humiliate, to persecute, to beat, and to kill in the middle of the night, because in their heads they can almost hear the loudspeakers announcing, “Now batting for God’s team, his designated hitter, (their name).”

Thus in the experiments done on this subject, if you know how highly people scored on the Dangerous World (fear that the world is getting worse, and will soon slip into the abyss) scale,and if you know how self-righteous they are, you can explain rather well the homophobia of authoritarian followers, their heavyhandedness in sentencing criminals, their prejudices against racial and ethnic minorities, why they are so mean-spirited toward those who have erred and suffered, and their readiness to join posses to ride down Communists, radicals, or whomever.

Why is this better than the Freudian explanation? Because you can’t predict anything with that. But once we have those fear and self-righteousness scores, we can predict rather well who, in a sample of people, will show authoritarian aggression. So we do have to try to control fear, not pump it up, and also appreciate the cruel contradiction that the people who feel holiest are likely to do very unholy things
    precisely because they feel holiest."

PP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit