I Don't Always Drink Beer - But When I do , I Prefer....................

by flipper 63 Replies latest jw friends

• zoiks
    zoiks

BTS - excellent! Yeah, I subscribe to the "brew your own damn beer" philosophy. But finding new and interesting brews, and then drinking them, is also a great hobby.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Where do you get your supplies? I use these guys:

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/

Gosh darnit, I think I want to try to make a lager. I've only done ales. Haven't done a brew for six months.

BTS

• zoiks
    zoiks

I haven't shopped there before. I'll definitely check out their site. There is a small local shop that supplies me with most of my stuff. Online, I have used www.austinhomebrew.com.

I haven't lagered before, either. Maybe soon. If you do try it, let me know how it goes!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

You betcha!

I've got an old homebrewing thread on here somewhere. I'll update it when I do.

BTS

• flipper
    flipper

CRAZYBLONDEB- How are you ? Long time no ear from. Thanks for the new number. Wifey and I will call soon.

BEKS- I enjoy Heineken , Becks, & Corona as well . Good tasting beers.

SOONER & ZOIKS- My son likes Fat Tire and I like the heavy taste as well at times. More of a smooth tasting Moosehead / Red Stripe guy though.

TO all our ENGLISH BRETHREN - I.E. WOBBLE, FOUR CANDLES, etc. You guys drink some stout stuff ! Would love to try some of the beers you mentioned. They probably stock them here at Liquor outlets and some at grocery stores I'm sure.

CO CO - Nice to hear from you ! I'm glad you have a concotion that works for you as well ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper ( Stay thirsty my friends )

• Quentin
    Quentin

Lone Star....Pabst....Hamms...Old Milwalkie...Shiner(a Texas beer).....

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Blue moon with a slice of orange...

Coffee

• flipper
    flipper

QUENTIN- It's been YEARS since I drank an Old Milwaukee. I used to like those. I think they still sell them out here in California. Will check the market next time.

COFFEE BLACK- THe poster TASTING FREEDOM gave me a Blue Moon beer at our Tahoe Apostafest- and I really liked the smooth taste- however - it tasted somewhat like cleaning chemical to me. Perhaps due to my being in that business you think ? LOL ! It was still good, but I kept having the aftertaste of " Mr. Clean " in my mouth ! LOL ! Did you notice that at all when drinking it ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Can anyone recommend a nice wheat beer or ale? My honey likes wheat beer/ale.

• zoiks
    zoiks

MrsJones - In the midwest, Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat beer is reputed to be very good. I can't vouch for it personally, but its popularity seems to speak for itself.

Personally, a nice UFO White is a top choice. It's brewed in Vermont, so I'm not sure it it is available there.

Coffee - the slice of orange idea was totally new to me when I tried it a few weeks ago. With a good wheat beer, it is indeed a treat!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit