Does God Have A Visible Organization Today?

by wannabe 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• superpunk
    superpunk

God is the night manager at Denny's, who serves us delicious Moons over My Hammy and coffee when we are drunk at 3:30 on Sunday morning.

So I guess his organization is Denny's.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I like Denny's. I may have seen the FSM there once or twice.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I just went to Denny's last Friday. Their hamburgers are screamingly awesome!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Cam, do I feel that there will 144,000 individuals that will stand up when Jesus comes? Yes, I do. Whether that number is literal or figurative I have no way of knowing, but I am convinced that they will come from the tribe of Israel. God made an everlasting covenant with them. He has bypassed them at this time, because of their rejection of the Messiah, but I think if you take Revelation for what it is, you would see that he will use His people Israel again.

Cameo, it looks as if you are reading into the scriptures, more than what they actually say. Be careful. That's what the WT does.

As far as Solider 77 and the others go, I did not mean to make a broad generalization over everyone. I just meant that the WTBS tends to turn people completely away from God. I've learned enough not to condemn people myself. I just worry that they jump out of the pan and into the fire. I love everyone on this board. I've gotten great advice from atheists and believers alike. I did not mean to judge others.

I also didn't mean to imply that I think that all atheists and agnostics are "irresponsible". I just meant that it seems like some go from the extreme of the WT to the extreme of self dependence and preservation instead of dependence on Jesus. That's all I meant. Didn't mean to step on toes with that comment. Well...maybe I did. But I still love all you guys! :-)

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Also Cam, yes I do expect the "real" Jesus to come again. He stated that He would come just as he left...with every eye seeing Him. If you can point me to something different in the scriptures, I would consider it.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

brotherdan, no worries man, I still enjoy your posts and points! Like this one:

I just meant that the WTBS tends to turn people completely away from God.

Isn't that sad? Of all things that the organization propheses (sp) to be, they do the opposite when one wakes up. Not to generalize myself, but I'm struggling to find a balance of my belief in a god without destroying my faith that there is one. I don't know if that is possible to do myself and I'm not really sure I'm too worried about it.

Anyway, I need to grow in character more and get rid of the judgmental thinking that seems to creep in from time to time. Part of the deprogram process?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It's all good, bro.

That's what's so refreshing about being out of the Borg. People can actually disagree and still love one another. For a born-in Dub it's an amazing feeling!

• superpunk
    superpunk

But if you blaspheme the Lord of Denny's I will f*cking cut you.

• streets76
    streets76

No god, no organization.

As Kurt Vonnegut once said, "No damn cat, no damn cradle."

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Superpunk, NEVER will I blaspheme Denny's! Or IHOP for that matter! Moons over my Hammy and the Rootie Tootie are amazing post drinking food ever.

Jack in the Box also has AMAZZZZZZIIIIINNNNGGGG food after 2 or 3 am. They are culinary artists after midnight! :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit