Does God Have A Visible Organization Today?

by wannabe 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

Waffle House... open 24 hours a day 365 days a year... to satisfy the munchies or hangover grease needs any hour of the day

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I think Christ's physical church died with the apostles. If Jesus did want a church today, He would organize one and He would make it just like it was anciently. The Jehovah's Witnesses is just another manmade church. It was started by men who were self starters, and they just self started a religion based on their own views and dogmas. Even the Catholic church is simply a shadow of the original church, and its earliest fathers were just trying to remember what the apostles taught before the apostles disappeared, apparently taking much of what was known about the gospel with them. Alexander Campbell was the first of the scriptural restorationists that appeared, and he felt the gospel could be restored by simply going back to the Bible. Then the Seventh Day Adventists came along and Ellen White told people they were worshiping on the wrong day of the week. Then the WBTS appeared and complained that people weren't on a first-name basis with God, and that was what everyone was missing!

Now I'm sure Wannabe is making a point...somewhere...I couldn't get past the first paragraph. But let's be real. If God wanted to have a church, He'd come down and start one. I'm sure He wouldn't depend on a publishing company. I remember buying those blue books of theirs for a quarter and their Bibles for a buck. (You may be able to find them on eBay.) None of the forwards were by God, so maybe He's speaking through Wannabe in these last days!

• agonus
    agonus

I'll answer your question with another question:

Does the phrase "visible organization" - or even the word "organization' by itself - or even the IMPLICATION of a 'visible organization" appear ANYWHERE in the Bible, even in the NWT?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit