Does God Have A Visible Organization Today?

by wannabe 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

God did have visible organizations in the past. And guess what? They didn't work. Look what the Israelittes did when they were given control. They sacrificed their children to false Gods, they set up legalistic structures eventually leading to the Pharisees, etc... That is why our mediator now is Jesus. No imperfect human today, but a perfect high priest. (Heb 5:6)

We can see what happens when humans try to control things themselves today. Some of the guys on here go from one extreme to the other. They go from a mind control legalistic society to nothing. No oversight. No answering to anyone but themselves. They basically turn atheistic or agnostic and reject God altogether because of the actions of 1 organization.

So, does God have an organization? Yes, but it is heavenly. His only representatives on earth are all Christians that spread the name of Jesus.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Some of the guys on here go from one extreme to the other. They go from a mind control legalistic society to nothing. No oversight. No answering to anyone but themselves.

They basically turn atheistic or agnostic and reject God altogether because of the actions of 1 organization.

I don't agree with either of those statements. Rather than answering to a group of men who put themselves in a false position of authority representing an invisible being who NEVER does ANYthing, many here have chosen to answer to REAL people: the society of friends and neighbors we live in today, the community of mankind. As a child, I needed milk, I needed guidance, I needed oversight. As an adult, I need none of those things; I am responsible for me and answerable to the world I live in.

It is easy to point fingers and say that agnostics and atheists are irresponsible but it simply doesn't follow that freedom = irresponsibility.

I am not an atheist but I understand them pretty well. If God wants to be found/heard/seen he is more than welcome to drop the invisibility, the silence, and the inactivity ANY time. Why should anyone believe in someone with as much evidence behind him as the Tooth Fairy?

I am an agnostic theist with some deist and Taoist leanings. Why? Because of my own personal experiences and feelings. I don't push these on others and neither would I expect others to accept and believe them if I did. Likewise, I don't accept or endorse anyone else's personal spiritual/religious experiences. A revelation belongs only to the one it was revealed to. After that, it's merely the telephone game.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

BrotherDan, What will you think when a group of 144,000 step up and claim to represent Jesus? The Jesus Class.

Are you expecting the "real" Jesus to make an appearance? Or will you see that "Jesus" is being used as a tool for the reorganization of the Power Grip?

TPTB know that their time is short; too many people have seen behind the curtain. They have known for several centuries that eventually they would be found out and the "jesus" story was incorporated to facilitate the transition of power when the time arrived.

I do believe Jesus was a real person, just like you and me. When he "rent the veil" in the Temple, this means he exposed the power structure for the deceit, greed, and control for what it was. He laid bare the workings of these secret societies. "Rent the veil"...he pulled back the curtain to show who the real Wizard of Oz was. There was a strong binding force and a network that did the bidding of the hierarchy.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Are you talking about the reptillian aliens, cam? You're leaving a lot up in the air in your posts.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77
    Some of the guys on here go from one extreme to the other. They go from a mind control legalistic society to nothing. No oversight. No answering to anyone but themselves. They basically turn atheistic or agnostic and reject God altogether because of the actions of 1 organization.

This statement, is an ignorant statement. You are generalizing and grouping "some" into this view. That is quite presumptous on your part. There are several different views on this site by its members, some may very well fall into your category, but to make such a statement comes across as judgemental and self-assuming.

You're entitled to your viewpoint, but your assumptions do not sit right with me.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Does God NEED one? No.

• wiser
    wiser

God uses individual people not organzied religions.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Sorry, got derailed up there ^

No, God does not have a visible organization today. In answer to the subject question.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I am speaking of the powers that can BE SEEN, Sweeney.

Very soon there will be 144,000 that come forward. They will not be individuals. They will be Committees, or associations. This will be the new power structure. The Powers will be vested in these committees to direct the elements of the world. All nations will possess the same institutions. It is a global network and the foundations have been laid.

The ancient ecclestical power is about to be replaced. It will be science based rather than religion based. But the dark secret is that the new god will be the same as the old god. It will be another deceptive maneuver. The same ones will still be behind it all and at the top of the food chain.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

The JW argument about an earthly organisation that is somehow divine is flawed.

JWs often start with the question 'How can we identify Gods organisation today?' but this is based on the premise that God works through an organisation. JWs often say 'God has always had an Organisation' almost as a reflex, but this is not accurate.

The nations of Israel and Judah had an annointed monarchy - which I suppose you could call an organisation, for maybe just over 400 years.

Then there was no divinely appointed organisation structure until 1919. So even by witness calculations God has only had an organisation for 500 years out of 6000.

If you read the Bible away from the company man mindset, you see that the God of the Bible PRIMARILY works through individuals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit