Has anyone heard of the elders being called independent agents. Spoke to a brother in the Legal department and he called them that.

by life is to short 58 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

WOW,

was i ever so blind, and all the time i was told, they took care of their members out of love.

come to think of it there was one lady in the congregation who mobile home had fire damage to it

and the brothers came to her aid quickly to see what could be done, one room had fire damage

and the rest was smoke damage, i know this because i rode out to the trailer with the ladys sister

i was told that the brothers stated that the trailer could not be repaired, when i ask the sister of the

lady, if she was going to replace the trailer with a newer model, i was told she didn't have any insurance

from the looks of the trailer you wouldn't know it had damage until you went around the back of it

another thing is she was out of work at the time and probably had no money to pay for supplies

even if they could fix it. Well who knew?

• baltar447
    baltar447

wasblind, so they didn't fix it? You weren't exactly clear in your post.

• wasblind
    wasblind

No they didn't fix it, she moved into low income housing

• wasblind
    wasblind

In my post i stated that the brothers who went out to look at it said it couldnt be repaired

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I bet they said that after they found out she had no insurance...

• wasblind
    wasblind

The red cross put her up in a hotel for a while , and she recieved help from the towns

christian help center, and people in the congregation donated clothes and whatever they could

to her. No help from bethel. But when the congregation needed to pave the parking lot she help

pledge some of her own money for that. And don't that property belong to the WTS ?

• nelly136
    nelly136

syl ....if your sister handed over her insurance cheque and the work carried out at the time of repair wasnt to official building guidelines,

would that affect any future insurance claims in event of any new damage being done by another disaster?

is there any written guarentee on the work or materials, eg 10 years 25 years lifetime etc

of course as armageddon is coming yesterday i'd imagine that a lifetime guarantee is given to anyone using their free rebuild service?

they did give her a receipt and a guarantee for the work done?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    syl ....if your sister handed over her insurance cheque and the work carried out at the time of repair wasnt to official building guidelines,
    would that affect any future insurance claims in event of any new damage being done by another disaster?
    is there any written guarentee on the work or materials, eg 10 years 25 years lifetime etc

I don't know the answer to any of the above. All I do know is that she said the "brothers" did a good job.

they did give her a receipt and a guarantee for the work done?

For some reason, I don't think so.

Syl

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    When she received her insurance check, she signed it over to WT.

All of it? If so, then the watchtower should also be replacing her clothing, furniture, computer, jewelery, television, etc. Insurance policies cover the contents of a home as well, not merely the structure.

W

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

The WTS has to follow building codes when doing any type of construction. If they don't they building does not get passed by the building inspector, who is a county or state employee.

So I would guess that if it meets the requirements and passes then WTS is off the hook.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit