Has anyone heard of the elders being called independent agents. Spoke to a brother in the Legal department and he called them that.

by life is to short 58 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

This is sickening. You could see this coming though. Everything done is to protect the corporation. Everyone is expendable to protect the corporation.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Your right Lady lee that is when all of this started when the child abuse issue came to the front. It just makes me sick. I just heard of a young girl who died of suicide just two weeks ago from being abused by a JW. Her strong JW parents are letting it all go under the rug. I am so mad. I think they should sue but they want to wait on Jehovah and leave it in his hands. Sick.

As far as dog bites in field service and guns pulled on you and such they give you no help I know for a fact.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

CYA.

If I understand correctly, the elders who are listed as treasurer, secretary etc could be held liable.

• life is to short
    life is to short

CuriousButterfly

Yes every elder stands on his own if anything goes to court. So if a brother does not agree with the body but just goes along to keep the peace and not rock and boats then his butt in on the line too. Lovely

• undercover
    undercover

If elders are independant agents that can play into your hands...if you ever have to resort to legal means to try to right a wrong.

Don't go after the WTS, go after the elders who hid the identity of molesters, who covered up crimes, or who are guilty themselves of some crime. Have them charged or sue them, leave the WTS out of it and they'll swing on their own with no help from 'mother'.

If enough of these cases were to happen, word would get around soon enough and the already dwindling pool of available men eligible to become elders will shrink even more.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The very fact that they have a legal department at all tells me they KNOW God has NOTHING to do with them. If they had faith in their invisible king like the early apostles had they wouldn't need a legal department. They would do "God's will" as their higher authority and let the chips of "Satan's world" fall where they may. We would see high ranking Dubs persecuted and arrested "for the sake of the good news." But we don't. Only the rank and file suffer.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Undercover

That is what I am thinking. If I had known that my husband was on his own it would have freaked me out to no end. When the body deleted him because one of the pedophiles shoved him in the hall it really was to my benefit as that was when I found out about all of this. I wonder how many other wives of elders know this. I told one young elders wife and she got white with fear. I told her you could loose your home, she talked to her husband who told her Jehovah would not let that happen. Yeh right.

I would leave my husband now if he ever went back to being an elder. I have worked to hard for what I have to loose it over something so stupid.

• TD
    TD

I've wondered if that impacts those of you who have faded and/or are trying to fade.

Let's say you've moved to another area entirely and the "elders" at the local congregation arrive at your door one day and want to meet with you.

If legally the elders are acting only as agents of their respective congregations, and you have never even set foot in the door or in any other way affliated yourself in some way with that local congregation, then there is not and cannot be a valid claim of ecclesiastical authority.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Also the elders said it was not only because of the shoving by the child molester that my husband was deleted but because I am too outspoken and my husband does not have me in control as his wife.

I never knew how put down woman are in this religion until all of this happened. I do not know how I did not know that but woman are really viewed as stupid.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Excellent reasoning, TD. That makes a lot of sense.

Therefore, we can be sure the Borg views it completely opposite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit