Has anyone here been a 'chairman' for an assembly? Question with regard to the script for introductions

by ThomasCovenant 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

''REMAIN CLOSE TO JEHOVAH!'' DISTRICT CONVENTION INTRODUCTIONS

[NOTE TO CONVENTION CHAIRMAN: Please study the following introductions carefully. They may be modified in harmony with what is stated in the letter to all district convention chairmen (S-329 3/10) dated March 15, 2010, page 4, paragraphs 3-4. The brothers you select as session chairmen should read these introductions aloud several times in advance so that they will be well prepared to convey the information with naturalness, clarity, and proper emphasis. Introductions should be handled with dignity, in a manner worthy of the program.]

FRIDAY MORNING

[Thirty seconds before the musical interlude, step up to the live microphone and state in a loud, clear, and deliberate voice:]

9:19 Good morning, brothers and sisters! (Pause. Kindly repeat, if necessary.) What a delight it is to be here for this grand spiritual event! (Pause) The time has arrived for the first session of our ''REMAIN CLOSE TO JEHOVAH!'' District Convention. We invite you now to come and find your places in the main auditorium. As you settle in, enjoy the musical interlude that has been prepared for you.

9.20: [Be seated on the platform and refresh your mind on the introductions to follow. When the music stops, step to the microphone and begin speaking with a loud, clear, and deliberate voice:]

9:29: Welcome, one and all! (Pause) What a joy and privilege it is to be assembled here for the opening session of this ''REMAIN CLOSE TO JEHOVAH!'' District Convention! (Pause) [If the program is being broadcast on an FM frequency for the benefit of the hard of hearing, say:] For the benefit of those who need the provision, the entire program can be heard on FM frequency......... (Pause)

If you are carrying a cellular telephone or two-way pager, we kindly request that you adjust it to a setting that will not disturb others in the audience. (Pause) We would also like to direct that any recordings of this program should be for your personal use or for the benefit of those unable to be present; recordings should not be made available for general circulation or distribution. (Pause)

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

JWF - Thanks for the update and for the script. Hope things are going well for you too and we really appreciate your postings!

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Chariman is always scripted. My family had a laugh when I used vocabulary that was "so not me" Word like "edifying" , "happified", etc.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I was chairman for CA once, it was completely scripted and I felt that my performance was being scrutinised by the powers that be. Such a priviledge to be used like a Muppet.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

I missed the download. Can someone else post it. PM the link if you're nervous. Thanks!

• Titus
    Titus
    I missed the download. Can someone else post it. PM the link if you're nervous. Thanks!

''REMAIN CLOSE TO JEHOVAH!'' DISTRICT CONVENTION INTRODUCTIONS

[NOTE TO CONVENTION CHAIRMAN: Please study the following introductions carefully. They may be modified in harmony with what is stated in the letter to all district convention chairmen (S-329 3/10) dated March 15, 2010, page 4, paragraphs 3-4. The brothers you select as session chairmen should read these introductions aloud several times in advance so that they will be well prepared to convey the information with naturalness, clarity, and proper emphasis. Introductions should be handled with dignity, in a manner worthy of the program.]

FRIDAY MORNING

[Thirty seconds before the musical interlude, step up to the live microphone and state in a loud, clear, and deliberate voice:]

9:19 Good morning, brothers and sisters! (Pause. Kindly repeat, if necessary.) What a delight it is to be here for this grand spiritual event! (Pause) The time has arrived for the first session of our ''REMAIN CLOSE TO JEHOVAH!'' District Convention. We invite you now to come and find your places in the main auditorium. As you settle in, enjoy the musical interlude that has been prepared for you.

9.20: [Be seated on the platform and refresh your mind on the introductions to follow. When the music stops, step to the microphone and begin speaking with a loud, clear, and deliberate voice:]

9:29: Welcome, one and all! (Pause) What a joy and privilege it is to be assembled here for the opening session of this ''REMAIN CLOSE TO JEHOVAH!'' District Convention! (Pause) [If the program is being broadcast on an FM frequency for the benefit of the hard of hearing, say:] For the benefit of those who need the provision, the entire program can be heard on FM frequency......... (Pause)

If you are carrying a cellular telephone or two-way pager, we kindly request that you adjust it to a setting that will not disturb others in the audience. (Pause) We would also like to direct that any recordings of this program should be for your personal use or for the benefit of those unable to be present; recordings should not be made available for general circulation or distribution. (Pause)

• Mythbuster
  • Oceanblue
    Oceanblue

I missed the link but I'm sure it looked ridiculous. I had a feeling they had to be because by the time the chairman gets to the part where they "Please be seated." or something like that, everybody IS already sitting. It happens every time and I always wonder why they even bother to say it.

• Oceanblue
    Oceanblue

oh ok I skimmed the second page an didn't see that someone did post a part of it. Yeah they might as well as the prayer too.

• lrkr
    lrkr

The convention "Chairman" writes the script for District Conventions and the Circuit or District Overseer writes the script for the Circuit Assemblys- at least that's how it was. If you think its ackward in English- try a foreign laguange when the script has been written by a non-native speaker!! Really a mess- most of the native speakers are cracking up at the poor translation choices.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit