Has anyone here been a 'chairman' for an assembly? Question with regard to the script for introductions

by ThomasCovenant 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Does anyone know if the chairman's introductions and announcements are completely scripted? Particularly with the use of adjectives and adverbs when introducing talks and speakers.

'As we listen intentedly....'

'we eagerly look forward to bro so and so's talk'

'what a fine and upbuilding experience that was'

Whenever they speak, introduce, comment and announce it doesn't sound natural at all. It sounds as if they have to speak word for word from a script even when they are saying 'thank you brother for that timely instruction. How grateful we are for God's bountiful spiritual food'.

Am I imagining it? Has anyone had the 'privilege' of being assembly chairman than can shed 'increasing light' on this matter.

I await eagerly for replies.

• hotspur
    hotspur

Indeed they are scripted - or at least there were when I saw them. Even to the extent of the instructions which says that the chairman should adhere strictly to those words.

When I was doign the sound at CAs and DAs I remember on more than occassion Chairmen complaining that they have to use words that they were not comfortable with.

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

Yes it is completley scripted by the Teaching Committee.

I have a copy of this years chairmans scripts for all 3 days, pretty boring though.

JWF

• Titus
    Titus

JWF can you send it somehow? Or upload it somewhere?

• JWFreak
  • JWFreak
    JWFreak

Let me know if the upload worked??

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Thank you very much for replies

• Titus
    Titus

Thank you, JWF. You are da man!

Yes, it works.

• ThomasCovenant