SO sad! The elders never cease to amaze me...

by babygirl30 29 Replies latest jw friends

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

I've never felt such a horrible combination of indigestion, anger and sadness. I don't know whether to vomit, punch somebody or just cry. I'm really sorry by what happened to you and your friend. Like Tammy said, at least you girs have each other now. My heart goes out to you. Jehovah, or Yaweh, or God, or whomever is up there will make sure they get what they deserve. Best Wishes.

Jedi Master

• Newborn
    Newborn

Go Soldier!

someday, these people "elders", just have to get punished by god or someone, that's what I'm hoping

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Your story is so amazing, thanks for sharing. Elders in a group will never apologize, only if you catch one by himself will he maybe apologize.

• cult classic
    cult classic

It's all about keeping Jehovah's organization clean. Didn't Jesus say something about whitewashed graves ...... ?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yup

Matthew 23:27-28 (New International Version)

27"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. 28In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

YES! This girl and I will be FRIENDS again now that we've caught up and live so close!!!! What's sad is that when she was telling her story I kept saying "me too"... and it was all over the way the elders handled both our situations. Traumatic things that happen at the hands of JWs, and it's just supposed to GO AWAY? Be left in Jehovah's hands? What ended up happening was this 'brother' who raped her - turned around, got married and reinstated, and then raped OTHER sisters!!!!!!! They would come forward, and it was quickly 'hushed' by elders. Oh, and even worse, he was accused of molesting a lil BOY in the cong. This lil boy was being raised by a single mom who was a ghetto hood rat whose MAN HUNGRY - and she was close to this 'brothers' family. So when the lil boy started acting UP, and his he came forward about what was going on (his being molested), his mom shipped him off to live with his father!!!!!!!! And she continued to associate closely with this 'brothers' family like it was nothing. It's sick.

It still boggles my mind how women KEEP getting the short end of this stick in this religion, and that something so VULGAR as 'abuse' (rape, molesting, beating, etc) are to be kept quiet - otherwise you are bringing reproach on Jehovah's name?! That's what my own PARENTS told me when I wanted to go to the police to file criminal charges against my abusive ex after he tried to kill me...

My friend has been OUT of the org for 9yrs!!! So the fact that I went through a similar situation really eased the 'tension'

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think it is important to keep these types of experiences at the public forefront on the board. It is horrible the things that have been done to you ladies and countless others, as well, and often when an experience like this is told to an active JW they claim that it is either A) an isolated incident that never happens in MY congregation and/or B) something that used to happen more often but that Jehovah progressively cleanses HIS organization.

Both of those retorts are demonstrably false thanks to brave women like you who share their story with the world. Thank you. I'm ashamed to be a member of the male sex sometimes but I'm proud to be a member of this board with a bunch of really good people.

• Girlie
    Girlie

Strength and blessings to you and your friend, Babygirl30! A very heartwrenching testimony. It is wonderful that both of you have found each other and can grow and heal together through the bonds of true friendship and support.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BABYGIRL30,

I am sorry to hear this sad story. I truly despise this religion. It deserves to be exposed to the whole world and thank God for the internet. When I think of how they have the audacity to knock other religions and especially the Catholic church, I am livid with rage.

They love to compare the church to Babylon the Great and say how 'her sins have massed clear up to the heavens......etc.' The problem is: the Catholic church has been around since the third century or so. We are in the early 21st century, so they have been around for roughly over seventeen centuries.

Just how long has the JW religion been around? Only a little over one century? And just LOOK at how CORRUPT the whole thing is in just this short time!!! What in God's name would they resemble if they were around for 17 centuries???? I shudder to think about it.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wow! What a story! Man oh man!!!

Good thing she didn't keep quiet!

How thankful you must be to now be friends, you can lean on each other with this unique experience in life. I can only hope karma is a b***h for these jerks. Life is cheap to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit