Since the internet is available, and and dissenting viewpoints are available I've come to the conclusion that people who really believe the lies taught by the WTBS are morons

by gubberningbody 54 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Lady Lee gets my vote..

She nailed it..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• cantleave
    cantleave

Lady Lee, the voice of reason.

I was online from the very early days (1997). I didn't properly read apostate material until 2009. I wasn't ready until then. I regret leaving it so late, but I am not a moron.

• designs
    designs

Shouldn't you include religion in general.............

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Yeah it took a bit of time to stop being a moron, but that was only because I was so busy disfellowshipping people who couldn't keep their pants on. Once I got into an old-timer kingdom hall I had more time to do research.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

It is a very interesting thing to say the least. For the life of me I cannot understand how/why people can control other people so effectively and easily. Even before the internet the contidictions of the WTS are so overwhelming that I often think 'how can you continue to believe this "truth"?'

ei- Soul is mentioned in scripture some 900 times and has numerous meanings. How could you possibly believe that you could sum up what the soul is with one scripture verse? Jesus most certainly declares himself as God [john 8;58]. The Jews around him were going to stone him for blasphemy. John 1 In the beginning was the word. Not in the beginning the word was created, no, it was already there and the verse that says the word was a god. Come on, did I read that in the book of a john?

Not morons, just easily controlled.

dc

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Shouldn't you include religion in general.............

No only cults that seek to control every facet of a person's life and exacts punishment for disobedience

• pirata
    pirata

There are dissenting viewpoints on almost every subject.

Therefore we are all morons.

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

My start of not being a moron is when years ago an elder thought his councel to me, that the organization only approves of it's web site as a place to go respecting JWs, would work and that, as a result, I would not look at anywhere else. That set off an alarm sound in my head....what is it I and others should not see? I thought to myself, hell no one buys a TV these days without Googling the brand/model on the internet. What makes me and other JWs think their religion is any different, especially given the level of commitment expected. Thus, I immediately went home and found this site and the rest is history!

HQ

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Hiding Questioner - I thought to myself, hell no one buys a TV these days without Googling the brand/model on the internet. What makes me and other JWs think their religion is any different, especially given the level of commitment expected.

This is something I used once to try and reason with my wife. Anything I plan on, for example, purchasing, always requires research. If I want to buy a Sony TV, I don't just go to their site and expect them to tell me all the pros and cons. I see what others are saying about it/them.

Why should it be any different with my religion? What's to be hidden? When is the last time the Watchtower study and magazine spoke about what is wrong with the religion?

Oh and BTW, I don't consider myself a moron.......anymore!! LOL

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Since the internet is available, and and dissenting viewpoints are available I've come to the conclusion that people who exit the WTBS are very judgemental and self righteous still. what is this need we have to qualify people in right n wrong sides? is not what we but why we do it. jws are mind controlled. therefore they will act accordingly. people who believe in god act accordingly too. why is an important question to ask

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit