Calling all lovers of Jehovahs and His Christ

by vinman 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

How are you dealing with discovering TTATT?

It's quite a few years since I stopped attending meetings and going out in the field service and I find it difficult to remember all of the feelings that I had at the time. It took some time to leave, and at first I didn't intend to and I think it made me ill for a while some time later. I prayed a lot. Although I was regular in my prayers I felt a need to pray more at this time and looking back on it, it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

I must say that I have always loved Jehovah and His son Jesus Christ.

I feel similar. I was raised in the truth and never thought I would leave. However I came to a point that I could not join in the preaching/ witnessing work with a good conscience. I was never an organization sort of person. Romans 8:37,38 I find encouraging. As time has gone by I have found more clarity in my views and thoughts and more peace of mind.

• Fernando
    Fernando

"So someone starts a topic with absolute sincerity and then next minute he is fighting off a bunch of rabid dogs".

Vinman you're very welcome to PM me, and I'll gladly get in contact any way that would suit.

Greetings and blessings

Fernando

• prologos
    prologos
    vinman, you finish off by writing: "--my soul craves that relationship with Jehovah and His son" that would be a commendable yearning, if you could realistically expect an action in return. jhine has observed, that you can not take the bible literally, but,-- that is where wt, Christians have learned , yearned their "god" beliefs from. Just because these biblical creation/god accounts are only uneducated guesses, does not mean that the universe created itself though, it is just that the bible content from A to Z is not factual. Can you not just scale back your expectations and instead just enjoy all the good that life offers, and contribute to it?
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Vinman, welcome to JWN. I still believe in a creator of some kind. I don't think he is benevolent but I do still believe.

Kate xx

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Vinman

I see beauty in all things, from the sub atomic world of virtual particles to the beauty of colliding universes. It's all just a matter of perspective. Love of Jehovah or faith in him does not need to be part it. Don't look for purpose in all that you see and discover just discover it!

I'll give an example, for years doctors treated stomach ulcers with tranquilizers and other things thinking it was a nervous condition. It turns out that many of them are caused by a bacteria called helicobacter pylori discovered in deep sea volcanic vents. What kind of god would create such a bacteria? I am sure many people that get treatment today for ulcers are appreciative of that discovery by a few biochemists and biologists.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Even if you have come to the conclusion that there is a God, how do you leap the conclusion that is the god of the bible, and not one of the other thousands of deities created by man over the millennia of our existence?

• cappytan
    cappytan

Vinman:

Though I haven't come to the same conclusion you have, I'm glad you're moving on from the org.

I do encourage you to keep reading. Read things that challenge you. It's okay to challenge your beliefs. If your beliefs are true, it won't be a challenge and you'll understand the world and universe from someone else's perspective. Read some Dawkins or Hawking to understand how your fellow ex cult members feel about the world.

Cheers!

• galaxie
    galaxie

Hi vinman..you say your ' soul ' craves a relationship with jehovah and jesus. Are you able to define what your soul is ?

Do you agree that your perception of your soul is as a result of your brain function?

Do you accept the workings of the human brain can include delusion?

Do you accept that you may strongly disagree or judge as deluded people who crave relationships with other deities opposed to jehovah?

Can you consider the possibility that the same brain processes ( although differing conclusions ) can result in irrational belief. The precedents set in human history bear out the absurdity in supernatural belief despite the fact that

all would have believed with all their heart and soul.

My advice would be seek evidence and understanding for the things that bring you wonder and awe and appreciate it without the help of supernatural myth and superstition.

Best wishes.

• Heaven
    Heaven

How are you dealing with discovering TTATT?

It has confirmed my suspicions. And a huge weight has been lifted off of me. I no longer have Armageddon or demon nightmares.

• jhine
    jhine

Prologos , I am not sure if you are saying that there might be a creator .

There is no need to take Genesis literally ,St Augustine wrote ,before all the scientific knowledge that we have now,

" In matters that are so obscure and far beyond our vision , we find in Holy Scripture passages that can be interpreted in very different ways without prejudice to the faith we have received . In such cases , we should not rush in headlong and take out stand on one side that , if further progress in the search for truth justly undermines this position ,we fall with it too "

However much later astrophysicist Robert Jastrow wrote in God and the Astronomers

" Now we see how the astronomical evidence leads to a biblical view of the origin of the world The details differ , but the essential elements and the astronomical and biblical accounts of Genesis are the same ;the chain of events leading to a man commenced suddenly and sharply at a definite moment in time , in a flash of light and energy "

So maybe the poetic license of Genesis isn't.so far off .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit