Calling all lovers of Jehovahs and His Christ

by vinman 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• vinman
    vinman
    I must say that I have always loved Jehovah and His son Jesus Christ. I have a 12 inch diameter telescope. I would go outside and listen to the Psalms that praised to my God. Especially the Psalms that dealt with the creation. "The heavens are declaring the glory of God". Still gives me chills when I think of those words as I stare into the heart of Orion nebula. I would praise and thank him for all the wonderful things he has done for me. Jehovah and Jesus were everything to me, not the organization. In all the years, I have always gone far beyond the Watchtower, to study how we know if God exists. I have many astronomy and cosmology books that tell me that God does exist. I went way out the Watchtower to study if God is a trinity. I will never believe that. God's name? Again, I examined that way outside of the Watchtower. My question is only for those who feel like me. How are you dealing with discovering TTATT? Currently I feel divided because of the newness of the discovery. It is actually hard to focus on the Bible because of my particular situation. But deep down my soul craves that relationship with Jehovah and His Son.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    I have many astronomy and cosmology books that tell me that God does exist.

What in these books tells you that god exists?

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Gah! In the middle of writing a long response and my computer froze. Will respond later!! But don't be discouraged.
  • Listener
    Listener

Lovely comments Vinman, I agree.

We were lucky to have a father that helped us to come to appreciate God and Jesus far more than that taught by the Watchtower. We learnt so much more from him during the family study nights and by other demonstrations. He was very sincere but caught up in the WTBTS and that's how I got to see that this religion is really just a men's club

• millie210
    millie210
    I will be following your thread vinman. I hope the angry bashers dont show up and you get to have a productive conversation here.
  • vinman
    vinman

What in these books tells you that god exists?

One particular book I am fond of is The Secret Melody- And Man Created the Universe. In this book he explains that our views of the universe have always changed (Kepler's universe, Newton's, Einstein's, etc.) He tries to demonstrate that complexity does not necessarily need a creator. However, he states that their is a persisting doubt. Any slight change in physics and we would not be. I guess, what I'm saying, is that so many of these cosmologists, act and talk like they were there at the big bang. Yet, in the end, another man made universe will be created such as Hawking. It boils down to this: "Where were you when I founded the earth? Tell me, if you think you understand."-Job 38:4

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Any slight change in physics and we would not be.

I agree. But something would be, it just wouldn't be us.

Things that exist do so based on what the physics around them provide to exist. The fact that we exist means only that the physics of our universe provide for us to exist. But this also means that forms of life that could exist with a different set of physics are not able to exist in our universe. How does this tell us that god exists?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

The Universe shows signs of order and disorder but not intelligence. The picture down below should help explain why. Why would God crash two galaxies together?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Why would God crash two galaxies together?

The first answer that comes to my mind is: to get the result of crashing two galaxies.

What from one perspective is understandably a "crash" can also understandably be seen as a "productive exercise" from another perspective. Bringing elements together to make a cell comes to mind as an example of such a thing. We end up with destruction of matter to change that matter into transferable energy. If, from the micro perspective, you happened to live on one of those small molecular structures facing destruction you'd have one view. If, from a macro perspective, you happened to have car in need of starting you'd have a wholly different view.

• Protarded
    Protarded
    I got some of that same batch. Small world. Tell "jocko', that jäger says, "wazzzzzzzzzzzzzap".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit