Calling all lovers of Jehovahs and His Christ

by vinman 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty
    the chain of events leading to a man commenced suddenly and sharply at a definite moment in time , in a flash of light and energy "

Which is nothing at all like Genesis.

• Clambake
    Clambake

Cofty you are a real one trick pony aren't yet.

I couldn't imagine how annoying you must have been when you were in. LOL

• cofty
    cofty

Clambake - You had the choice to respond to a specific point with evidence to the contrary, or make a personal attack.

Once again you chose the lazy option.

you are a real one trick pony aren't yet [sic]

If you check my threads you will find loads of detailed information on all sorts of science and theology. I'm especially proud of my topics on blood and natural evil.

Your trick seems to be ad hominem.

• prologos
    prologos

jhine, I am a deist, can not think of the universe as not the work of a worker. The similarity of natural processes, might have prompted the bible writers to come up with some lucky, correct hits, couched in majestic language, like the totally wrong Gen 1:1.

as to vinman's longing, it reminds my of a crush I had in my youth. The lady of my attention, my dreams, my fantasizing, was a fictional person I had created in my brain. she was nothing like that and I am glad I did not marry her. So vinman, the "Abba" personna you long for, in my opinion, is not the person that I see reflected in the nature he has created in his hidden and energetic way to work.

• Giordano
    Giordano

It appears that on this site if you are not in full agreement with or not towing a certain line you are......not really that welcome here. Now that is the kind of treatment I have just left back in the Borg.

In the borg were you ever asked your opinion about anything other then the party line? Were you able to add some real history or science into a WT study? Did you sit down with some Elders and tell them you had some real problems with a couple of doctrines?

There is no towing a certain line on this forum. There are people here of faith and people who prefer scientific explanation.

There are also those who take offense if their position of belief is mocked. Others who are insulted by flaux science.

Others see science, including evolution, as the way a creator used the conditions that took place billions of years ago to grow, evolve or create what we have on this planet.

An open conversation and expressing deep feelings on all sides can be a bitch.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Vinman what you were experiencing in your beautifully written post was a moment of religious transcendence.....but you knew that.

A religious experience (sometimes known as a spiritual experience, sacred experience, or mystical experience) is a subjective experience which is interpreted within a religious framework.[1] The concept originated in the 19th century, as a defense against the growing rationalism of western society.[2] William James popularised the concept.[2]

Skeptics or scientists may hold that religious experience is an evolved feature of the human brain amenable to normal scientific study.[note 1] The commonalities and differences between religious experiences across different cultures have enabled scholars to categorize them............ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_experience

Believers and non's can transcend with music or in nature. Certain American Indians use Peyote in their spiritual ritual to experience that.

I appreciate that you can experience this feeling and shared it with us.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I would praise and thank him for all the wonderful things he has done for me.

Like what?

I used to praise him and thank him for this since I was 15 years old.

(John 11:26) and everyone that is living and exercises faith in me will never die at all. Do you believe this?”

I’m headed towards my 70s and still getting old. Many of my friends who use to thank him and praise him publicly and regularly all their life are all dead.

One of my school buddies who never became a JW and has never believed in God or Jesus, has smoked, drugs, womanized and has been a heavy drinker, inherited several millions from his aunt and is healthier than me. Who should he thank?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit