Watchtower Ambulance????

by OnTheWayOut 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
  • undercover
    undercover

Thanks for the reference Nelly... good stuff.

But reading that wiki page, it does reference the Biblical story of when Moses put a bronze serpant on a pole for the people to gaze upon after being snake bit. I guess the WTS could claim that as the origin of the symbol.

I've never understood that story. God sends the snakes in to bite everyone, then when they repent from their sins, instead of recalling the snakes, he has Moses erect an idol for the people to look to for cure. What happened to all that about idols and graven images?

• poppers
    poppers

Does it say "ecnalubmA rewothctaW" on the front? or rather "WJ noN revO evoM"

LOL! Good one.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"We treat no one, before their time..."

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

"Luckily we have this ambulance for you brother, er wait I mean, not luck...uh....luckily Jehovah has provided this ambulance for you....er wait, uh....not luck, uh luckily well it' a privilege for you for us to have this ambulance to transport you to a bloodless medical provider to save your replaceable ass, er not ass uh butt, well whatever."

• Nick!
    Nick!

Star of Life

How come the WT is allowed to use pagan symbols? while threatening its members of disfellowshipment if they simply say "cheers" when dringing a toast, because of its relationship with ancient gods (Bacchus in this case).

Why the WT can use the "Star of Life" symbol on its ambulance, disregarding its origin, as clearly stated in wikipedia !!!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_of_life

... The snake emblem is the Rod of Asclepius, widely used as the symbol of medical care worldwide. There are several theories as to its development, and it is named for the Greek mythology figure Asclepius, who was said to have possessed healing power, although it has been claimed to have origins from other sources, including a biblical story from Numbers and as a representation of the drawing out of a guinea worm.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Please have cheque book and medical directive ready!

George

• steve2
    steve2
    How come the WT is allowed to use pagan symbols? while threatening its members of disfellowshipment if they simply say "cheers" when dringing a toast, because of its relationship with ancient gods (Bacchus in this case).

As even a well-versed JW would say: "Balance is needed with this type of question...after all we all have coins/currency jingling around in our pockets with pagan symbols on them. The reason it's on the ambulance? I think it's because all vehicles legally commissioned as ambulances have to have the symbol which is like a symbol of certification. Next question?"

• Nick!
    Nick!

Steve, agree with you that they can always rationalize and minimize, as usual !

However, from what Wikipedia says, it seems that it is not really "have to have the symbol".

It states:

"While no agency is tasked solely with enforcing its use as a mark of certification, the Star of Life has traditionally been usedas a means of identification for medical personnel, equipment, and vehicles."

Check: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_of_life

This seems to mean that it is not compulary and no agency is assigned to enforce it. They could have avoid it, but as usual, if it means $$$, then no problem with any symbol.
    Here I am referring to the fact that they want to appear "social" to the comunity, because of the fact that they pay little or no local taxes, being a non-profit org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit