Unbelievable!! Family member at my leasing office!

by IronHill 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• IronHill
    IronHill

Ok...I need to vent. I just finished writing a letter to my leasing office in regards to my own cousin. She is a JW of course, and has lately been less than courteous with us because we are D'Ad and I have honestly had enough! I'm going to post the letter and let me know what you guys think.

I'm so angry!!!

Dear XXX,

I would like to address an issue that has presented itself on two separate occasions when my wife called the office for information. At both times she was treated with less courtesy and professionalism than what is to be expected from our leasing office. Sad to say this treatment came from my own cousin, XXXX. The failure to give a salutation and return a simple greeting is rude enough, but when questions were asked, she responded in a forceful manner and tone that gave the indication she had no desire to help. She abruptly ended the calls and honestly it has become burdensome to contact the office again for any issue, for fear of receiving the same treatment. I hope this is not how she responds to all of your current or future leaseholders. I understand that her personal opinion on our religious standing in the organization she is a part of is a factor for this behavior. However, regardless of personal opinions and reputations in religious organizations, this has nothing to do with the relationship we have with XXXX Apartments as tenant and lease holder. We are responsible tenants who make sure we comply with everything our lease asks of us. We expect the same in return from our lease holder and its staff.

The first instance we called was to ask to speak with you in regards to the questions we had about our lease a few weeks ago. The second time was just today, when we called to see if there was a way we could make arrangements to have our pool passes held for us, or even placed at our door, since we cannot be there in person when the office is open because of work. Although she agreed to hold the passes she advised us that only my daughters would be welcome at her home to pick them up. We also were inquiring about guest passes and how we could purchase a few of these, and again in an almost angry tone were advised that we would have to come to the office for those. When advised that would be difficult because of our schedules, the same answer as before was repeated.

On a personal note XXX, we honestly are not looking for trouble. For us or for anyone else. We want nothing more than to mind our own business, pay our rent on time, and enjoy the comforts of our home. But when professional courtesy and politeness towards customers is ignored because of personal feelings, I believe this is something that needs to be addressed. As I’m sure you deal with tenants of different creeds and faiths and attempt to treat them all with the same courtesy and respect, so do we request to be treated with the same respect.

We appreciate your attention to this matter, and we hope to more pleasant dealings with your staff in the future.

Sincerely,

Ironhill

• blondie
    blondie

Very interested to hear their response, IronHill.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good job..

Your cousin is going to get a boot in the ass..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Only thing that will take away from it, would be the fact she offered to let your daughters pick them up at her 'home'. That can be seen as beyond expectations, since what employee's of companies allow customers to transact business at their home. If she said only your daughters can pick them up at the office, that would be different.

• tec
    tec

Honest letter, and all you're asking for is professional courtesy. I like it.

Tammy

• IronHill
    IronHill

Blondie, me too!

Outlaw, I would feel bad if that was the case, I just want the harrassment to stop.

EndofMysteries, She lives in the apartment exactly next door to the leasing office.

• IronHill
    IronHill

Thanks, tec!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

That is terrible that she is treating you so badly. She's going to end up losing her job if she doesn't get it together. As an active JW I worked with a D/A'd person, a D/F'd person, an inactive sister, and a never baptized child of a JW all at the same place, a couple of them were my patients so I definitely had to interact with them appropriately. I tried to treat all normally while still being a "good" JW. Your cousin is not being normal.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Sorry to be critical, but I think this will help.

Your letter is far too long, and contains too much information. Most importantly, you need to be more direct.

First paragraph: Indicate what you are dissatisfied with. You don't want to "address" anything, you want them to address it! Also, do not mention that it is your cousin, as this will bring up concerns regarding family disputes.

Second paragraph: Detail both occurrences in a very technical manner. No personal details.

Third paragraph: Your last paragraph is ok (mentioning that you do not want to be a bother is always good), but could probably be a bit shorter. I don't like "on a personal note", it seems too wordy. But that's just me.

DO NOT MENTION RELIGION! I know you want to, but the fact is that you are due professional courtesy. Don't speculate as to why you have not received it! Bad idea all around as it makes you look bitter and driven by emotion.

Finally, ask for a response (e.g. I look forward to hearing from you regarding....)

Sorry to be harsh, but I hope this was helpful.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Just my opinion. Way too wordy.

Don't even mention that XXXX is your cousin. Don't offer a reason for her behaviour. I might try a more direct letter. Also, picking anything up at a worker's door is beyond the call of duty unless it is reasonable and normal for others to do it, so only include that if she lives in the property and normally allows other tenants to pick things up at her own door or if it is a convenience she is supposed to offer for a reduced rent. Otherwise, I would ditch even that portion of my recommended shorter version:

When we have called the office and XXXX has taken our call, s he has failed to give even a salutation and return a simple greeting, she responded in a forceful manner and tone that gave the indication she had no desire to help, and she abruptly ended the calls. When asking her about holding pool passes so we could pick them up after hours, she said that we were not welcome to pick them up at her door and offered no reasonable solution to our problem, a similar attitude was displayed about obtaining guest passes. It has become burdensome to contact the office again for any issue, for fear of receiving the same treatment. We are responsible tenants who make sure we comply with everything our lease asks of us. We expect the same in return from our lease holder and its staff.

When professional courtesy and politeness towards customers is ignored, I believe this is something that needs to be addressed. If we are treated from here on with the same pleasantness and courtesy that we have grown to expect from your office, we will consider this matter settled, but i f we receive further disrespectful treatment from XXXX, we would like to meet with you and her so that she might explain herself or will consider contacting our legal agent to seek compensation for such treatment.

We appreciate your attention to this matter, and we hope to more pleasant dealings with your staff in the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit