Help with another 607 vs 587 question............

by thraxer68 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Anyway, this is boring debate.

That it is, Titus, and scholar is now arguing in circles.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It is also an irrelevant debate since scripture tells us, ay least TWICE, that it is NONE of our buisness when the "end" will come, itis God's and warns us against those that claim Jesus has come already for when Jesus does come, ALL will know and ALL will see for He will come just as he left.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Titus, i also agree with you. The date Jerusalem was destroyed is simply an academic issue of a date...nothing more. This poster, who is paradoxically named Scholar, is babbling in circles...speaking his nonsense.

• hotspur
    hotspur

And still scholar refuses to acknowledge the connection of this "all time- all important" date of 1914 being tied to Russel and a Pyramid..... go Billy!

• garyneal
    garyneal

The only people who really care about the date of Jerusalem's destruction are Jehovah's Witnesses because their 1914 prophecy and the Watchtower's very authority is too heavily tied to it.

• Titus
    Titus
    The only people who really care about the date of Jerusalem's destruction are Jehovah's Witnesses because their 1914 prophecy and the Watchtower's very authority is too heavily tied to it.

I don't!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Titus, if you thought the JWs were wrong about 607 you would care.

Then again, this isn't a matter of belief in one of two viable options. There is no support either scriptural, logical, or secular for 607 so belief in that date is purely a matter of faith.

• Titus
    Titus

I agree with you, MS. I don't think they are wrong. I mean, all this debates are for nothing. All of you must admit - there is no enough historical or archeological evidences for ANY date, whether 607 or 587/6. So? Why to debate about that? I don't see the point.

Yes, actually, I BELIEVE that the 607 date is correct. Is 1914 correct date for.... something in history....? I don't know. And I don't care about that. As a Christian, I have other aims in my live - to imitate my Lord, Jesus Christ, to follow him and to pray for holy spirit. I don't need more (Acts 1:8).

• garyneal
    garyneal

marking

I will pick this up some more tomorrow. I hope scholar hasn't gone away.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    As a Christian, I have other aims in my live - to imitate my Lord, Jesus Christ, to follow him and to pray for holy spirit. I don't need more (Acts 1:8).

Best post of this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit