Help with another 607 vs 587 question............

by thraxer68 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Titus
    Titus

Oh, BTW, where is the jookebeard's thread dedicated to trolls and apologists?

I cannot find it! Is it deleted? Does anybody know why?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Titus said:

All of you must admit - there is no enough historical or archeological evidences for ANY date, whether 607 or 587/6.

I hope you were joking there too!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Pseudoscholar, How come your definitative words are always full of assertions, quite boldly, but never backed up with facts?

• garyneal
    garyneal

scholar

Post 1891

To be precise it is the latter because Jeremiah specifically stated that the judgement on Babylon only began after the seventy years whnich was 537 BCE but the spirit of Jerrmiah's prophec y was that Babylon would be punished and its Fall in 539 BCE was certainly punishment.

Beat self silly

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I too read AlanF's thread and challenge. "Scholar's" good friend Josephus did not agree that the return was 537BCE.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Did Cyrus the Persian praise the Jewish God?

The Cyrus Cylinder is an important discovery in the study of Biblical Archaeology because it speaks of Cyrus the Persian and his conquest of Babylon in 539 BC. as mentioned in Scripture.

Cyrus II, the Great was the founder and ruler of the vast Persian Empire from 539 B.C. until his death in 530 B.C. Once Cyrus had defeated the Median king, Astyages and took Ecbatana he expanded his kingdom defeating Croesus, king of Lydia in 546 BC, and then conquered Babylon in 539 BC overthrowing Nabonidus, the last king of Babylon. The Persian Empire was formed. Cyrus was a generous ruler allowing various captives to return to their homelands, as recorded on the Cyrus Cylinder. Xenophon, Nabonidus and many others gave Cyrus praise for his generous leadership.

Judea had remained a Persian province for the next two hundred years until the time that the Bible records "the decree of Cyrus" giving permission to the Hebrew captives to go back to Jerusalem to rebuild their Temple.

Cyrus also restored the vessels of the House of the Lord which Nebuchadnezzar II had taken to Babylon, and provided the funds to bring cedar trees from Lebanon.

• Borgdrone
    Borgdrone

Is 607 BC a core doctrine date of the WTB$?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

It is a link they use to establish 1914...if 1914 is faulty then their assertion of Jesus directing his attention toward the earth in 1914 and selecting the Wt to handle his earthly affairs in 1919 goes out the door.

• Borgdrone
    Borgdrone

I have a download web sight that is very interesting and information to prove 587BC. http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/21_nebosarsekim.html or try British Museum - Tablet recording a gold deivery by a chief eunuch of the Babylonian co...

• garyneal
    garyneal

I'm still reading The Gentile Times Reconsidered and I am finding out that the VAT4956 along with the Bible firmly establishes 586/7 B.C.E. as the year of Jerusalem's destruction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit