Help with another 607 vs 587 question............

by thraxer68 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

I know scholar has heard this many times and has already firmly justified it in his head... but you have openly defied WT policy 1870 times by posting here....

Doesn't that willful disobedience of the "faithful slave" constitute a "practicer of sin"?

Therefore, if you are a practicer of sin, then you have no Holy Spirit, according to WT doctrine.

If you have no Holy Spirit, how can you speak for God's Eathly Organization?

My guess is you look at this board as a personal challenge, and are overstepping "God's annointed leadership."

What does the WT say about people who do this?

-Sab

• Titus
    Titus

Scholar, are you Jehovah's Witness? I am active Witness.

I am sorry........... I've never met you here.

What that word "scholar" means to you?

TITUS or Comrade Tito, for friends...

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Neil, you muppet, did you actually read my post?

I (and the OP quoting from the '2001translation' site) showed why applying Jer. 29:10's 70 year starting point to the exiles' future was nonsensical.

"Those naughty apostates" LOL. You're the one needing a good spanking, Neil!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Scholar knows that the prophecy has nothing to do with "desolation" but rather "servitude" of "all" the nations Babylon overruled. He just refuses to accept Jeremiah's words because they don't fit with the Borg interpretation of events. So he, and the Borg, say things like, "prophecy and history definitely proves" while ignoring the words of the prophecy and the established history of events. He's a liar and a fraud like the evil slave he serves.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Scholar, were you drinking as you wrote that post? It makes no sense.

• scholar
    scholar

AnnOMaly

Post 1368

There is nothing sensible about your interpretation either. Perhaps you should come clearly and state when did the seventy years begin and end. Our interpretation of Jer. 20:10 is based on the fact that the seventy years according to Jeremiah's earlier prophecy was about the desolation of Judah which fact cannot be harmonized with your nonsense. Scholar is LOL.

scholar JW

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Perhaps you should come clearly and state when did the seventy years begin and end.

Oh there are a few possibilities that accord with both Scripture and history, Neil, as you know very well - hell, you've knocked around here long enough.

Our interpretation of Jer. 2[9]:10 is based on the fact that the seventy years according to Jeremiah's earlier prophecy was about the desolation of Judah which fact cannot be harmonized with your nonsense.

Now you're just being silly. Again.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Pseudoscholar, the 70 years began in 609, when Babylon became dominant.

• scholar
    scholar

AnnOMaly

Post 1369

None of those possibilities accord with Scripture and history for these are simply interpretations which are contradictory and meaningless. It seems that you regard Jeremiah as silly whern he simply prophesied that Judah would lie desolate for seventy years just as those false prophets in his day made similar accusations.

scholar JW

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Pseudoscholar, Jeremiah did not prophecy Jeru would lay desolte 70 years. He prophecied that the nations collectively would serve babylonn 70 years. You are wrongly named scholar...and those 'celebrated WT scholars' you so often mention have previously been revealed to not be scholars, but adherents to CT Russell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit