Anyone have a Kindle or a Nook?

by Simon 43 Replies latest social entertainment

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have a Jetbook Lite, and think it is great. It uses regular batteries, has a slot for a memory card, and can read many different formats. It can reflow the text on a PDF so it can be resized without having to scroll all over the place. I also have the Kindle app on my android phone so I can read on that while commuting or in line. I have the use of a Kindle sometimes. It is okay. I suggest getting the free Calibre to manage your books and feed your ebook reader, no matter which one you buy.

I also have a special treat for all of you with an Amazon account. Enjoy!

http://www.squidoo.com/the-best-of-amazon-daily-free-ebooks-kindle-ipad

• Scott77
    Scott77

This is a new Amazon Fire eBook reader on the way this fall

http://www.examiner.com/article/amazon-fire-ebook-reader-what-you-need-to-know

The new Kindle Fire will hit in September.

• Scully
    Scully

I have a Kobo that you can get at Chapters or Indigo here in Canada. There is quite a large selection of free e-books (mostly classics) available on the Chapters/Indigo website. To purchase e-books, you can either use your credit card on the website, or if a nice person gives you a Chapters/Indigo gift card, you can apply your purchase against the value of the gift card.

It has a slot for a microchip so you can store your PDFs on it for your e-reading pleasure. I use that feature for my reams of downloaded PDF knitting patterns - it's quite handy in that regard.

The battery charge lasts quite a while, and only takes a couple of hours to restore to 100% power. I also like that I can use the Kobo app on my iPhone if I don't want to cart the e-reader around. The app syncs the devices for you so that you can always pick up where you left off.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Just curious, who is expecting to buy an Ipad Mini expected to be out this fall?

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit