JW Urban Legands

by ShellyDee 23 Replies latest social humour

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I remember one doing the rounds where a couple bought a second hand bed to find it was demonized and would buck around the room when they were on it. An elder took it off their hands and pretty soon he was subject to demon attacks and led the whole congregation away from the 'truth.

Another was the one where some JWs went to a door where people were on the oujia board and the Jws asked it a question... the demon replied that it didnot have time to talk as they were too busy breaking up JW families.

oz

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Is there a scriptural reason why JW's say a demon can possess a second hand piece of furniture?

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

I know there have been threads about urban legends before, but my favorite will always be the two pioneers in service who call on a rapist's door. He doesn't attack them because he sees two big strong men standing behind them. When the pioneers find out about this later, they realize God had sent his angels to stand beside them.

Yeah, this one never gets old. In fact, it has been repackaged several different ways.

One that I remember goes: The householder hates JWs and swears the next one to knock on his door will get both barrels of his shotgun emptied in their chest. Only when this lone male JW shows up with "two big guys on either side of him" the householder accepts a study and eventually becomes a DO or something.

You gotta love the two big angels scenarios! What a crock.

• designs
    designs

When I was a teen the story of the hands coming out of a TV set and turning the TV back on was right up there with the best Haloween ghost stories.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Welcome Shelly,

The JW urban legends are hilarious. I don't have any new ones to add. But if I think of some I'll pop back in and post a couple.

Just wanted to welcome you to the board.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

The JW demon stories are hilarious. One brother said he was walking around a crowded city plaza and walked about 50 feet away from a tarrot card reader who had his back to him as he was doing his thing with a customer. As the brother passed by, the tarrot card reader stopped doing his thing, turned all the way around and looked at him for a few seconds, and then returned to reading the cards for his customer. I remember repeating this story many times, as I thought it was so profound. Like the demons felt the presence of a true christian, and this tarrot card reader had to turn around and see who it was..

LOL

-mentallyfree31-

• cantleave
    cantleave

The best JW legend involes a mytical being that is going to destroy billions of people but save people who belong to cult as long as they spend 10 hours a month annoying their neighbours..

• cantleave
    cantleave

BTW - welcome the board - shellydee.

• BoomTown
    BoomTown

Dont forget about the guy who goes to his garden to commit suicide and every time he tries pulling the trigger the witnesses pull into his driveway. This happened on 3 seperate occasions so he knew it was the truth and that God was telling him to become a witness.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

We had an ex-Warlock at our Hall, who at one time was so powerful he could throw you against the wall by just looking at you. He became a MS and years later fell completely away........ his story also seemed to vanish quickly too, I wonder why???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit